Chapter 5 ~ Summer 1976 (Regulus)

TW: Domestic Abuse, toxic masculinity 

Regulus POV

1976 (4th Year)

I ran through the barrier and looked behind me expecting to see Sirius, his long black hair that my parents hate in this face and an exited grin happy that he would be able to see his friends (especialy Remus) again, but he wasn't there. He had left.

Earlier that summer

(A/N: I just realised that this probably happens next summer but I've written it now so it isn't changing) This was their biggest argument yet. My parents had found one of Sirius' letters to Remus and went bilistic. I obviously had know about the two of them for ages, the whole of Hogwarts had, but Sirius had managed to keep it from Mother and Father, well until now. 

"You are no son of mine." My Father had shouted at him.

"Good I don't want to be!" Sirius yelled back. Then I heard his screams. I tried to block it out like I had done for years, but I couldn't help the tears that came into my eyes as I heard my brother in pain. The screams made me remember. They made me remember the unbearable pain. When you were under the curse you felt like begging for death, but you couldn't. You couldn't show weakness or they would use it on you again. Now the tears were streaming down my face. "No Regulus." I told myself, wiping my eyes "Remember what Father says 'Real men don't cry.'"

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps and the sound of a suitcase coming down the stairs. I quickly opened my door and came face to face with Sirius, who looked like he was about to knock. We made eye contact. His eyes were bloodshot.

"Stay." I pleaded at the same time he said 

"Leave"

"I can't." We both said at the same time.

"Where are you going?" I asked 

"James' house. Mrs Potter won't mind." Sirius replied "Remember-"

"I will always love you." I finished. 

On the platform

That was the last time I saw him. He had been burnt off the family tree all trace of him gone, except from his room where he had used powerful permanent sticking charms just to make mother angry. As I looked around platform 9 3/4 I was reminded of the eleven year old boy who dreamt of freedom and a new life at Hogwarts. However I felt just as trapped at Hogwarts as I did at home, pretending to like people I didn't and agreeing with things I didn't, than anywhere else. The only other Slytherin in my year that I knew and liked was Ben. I looked around the platform and saw Sirius. His hand in Remus', who lent down to kiss his head. I turned away and put on my mask. My mask showing the perfect pureblood heir that everyone wanted. It seemed like this year was going to be just like the others, lonely.

A/N: only a short chapter today. Just a little intro into what is happening in Regulus and Sirius' lives. Also ... WOLFSTAR!!!! Next chapter will proberbly be longer although I might do another short chapter explaining how Rose is doing.