Chapter 9 ~ Slughorns party

Regulus POV:

It was the night. The night of Slughorns party. The one I would be going to with Rose. As FRIENDS I told myself. She had just been through a break up, she wasn't looking for a new boyfriend. Anyways, why would she choose me when she could have anyone she wanted? She was funny, smart, kind and (lets admit it) extremely beautiful, why would she ever like me?

I made my way, up through the dungeons, to the entrance hall where we had arranged to meet. I straightened my dress robes and fidgeted with perfectly fitted sleeve. Then I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw Rose looking even more beautiful than normal. She was wearing a short, off the shoulder, baby blue dress (A/N: see above, also feel free to chose a different dress and put it in the comments, I would love to see them) and her fiery hair was hanging in curls around her shoulders. I was so mesmerised I forgot to scold myself about just being friends.

Rose POV: 

 I looked at Regulus, his smart dress robes fitted perfectly and complemented his slightly long curly hair which hung around his face and his grey eyes, which were sparkling like the sun shining through thick clouds after a thunder storm. I felt my heart hammer in my chest. Why was this this happening? I had just gotten out of a relationship, I wasn't ready for another relationship yet, was I? I realised I was staring and looked away blushing. 

"Should we get going then?" I asked "We don't want to be late."

Regulus seemed to come out of a daze as he nodded. 

Regulus POV:

I nodded but we didn't move.

"You look-" I started speechless.

"You to." She interrupted awkwardly.

"Anyway, should be go?" I said, my heart a drum in my chest. This time we actually did walk towards the dungeons, talking about quidditch to break the tension. I couldn't believe that this was happening. I couldn't believe that she not only forgive me but also agreed to go to Slughorn's party with me! 

I held the door open for her as she stepped inside Slughorn's office. The office was covered in colourful drapes. I looked over at Rose's awed face smiling. She looked amazed by the room, but I felt though nothing could ever compare to her, especially tonight.

Just then Slughorn saw us and bustled over.

"Rose and Regulus, my favourite quiddich players!" He boomed "Don't let the others hear me say that, especially not Miss Jones." He joked. "Now let me introduce you both to Puddlemore United's best keeper, Robert Wood." he said gesturing to a tall brunet, " Robert this is Rose and Regulus and they are both superb qudditch players."

"What positions do you play and how long have you been playing?" Robert asked in a thick Scottish accsent.

"I play chaser for Gryffindor and I only got on the team this year, but I have been playing friendly matches for a while." replied Rose, confidently.

"I play seeker for Slytherin and I joined the team in second year." I said.

"Well I would love to watch you both play sometime. When in the next match?"

"The next match is this weekend and it's Slytherin versus Gryffindor so you will be able to see them both play." said Slughorn.

"I'll be sure to come and watch." Robert said and with that he was whisked away, by Slughorn, to go talk some other unsuspecting students. 

"Wow, that's so cool that an actual, professional, quidditch player is going to watch our game!" Rose said, turning to me excitedly. "It will be a bit nerve racking though, I've barely played a match."