Chapter 13 ~ Finding out (part 2)

Regulus POV

'Today is the day. Today is the day I will tell Ben about me and Rose.' I told myself for the tenth time that week, knowing that I probably wouldn't. I knew I should, I mean Rose told her friends. I would be complacently, COMPLETELY fine. Right? 

"Hey mate, you ok?" asks Ben "You look kind of distant." 

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired." I replied, using the usual excuse. "Can we talk after class though? Privately." I added looking at the other Slytherins around us. 

"Sure." 

I had done it now. There was no backing out. I had to tell him. OR I could make up some other excuse to why I wanted to talk to him? No. I was going to tell him. I had gotten this far. 

*

Ok. This was it. NO BACKING OUT. We walked out of the classroom. 

"We just need to go and talk to Professor Sinistra about our star charts. We'll see you later." I called to my other 'friends' (note the air quotes). 

"I'm guessing we are not actually going to Professor Sinistra?"

"Of course not. I need to tell you something. Somewhere no one will be able to hear."

"I think I know somewhere we could go."

*

Ben led me to a corridor on the seventh floor, opposite a portrait of a wizard foolishly trying to teach Trolls to do Ballet. 

"We need to walk up and down here several times thinking about what we need."

"Okay.." I answered sceptically but I did it anyway, repeating the phrase 'I need somewhere private where no one can find me.' in my head. I walked a few paces and then turned and walked back the other way three times then looked over to the wall. There was a door, which I was sure was not there before. I walked in, Ben following me.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"It's called the room of requirement, my dad told me about it. It only appears when you need it."

"That amazing!" 

"I know right. Anyway, what did you want to tell me?"

I took a deep breath. This was it.

"Promise that you won't judge me, or tell anyone and I mean ANYONE."

"Of course I won't if its that important to you."

"Me and Rose Evans are dating." I blurted, wanting it to be over. I screwed my eyes shut, waiting for laughter or for him to mock me or tell me how I should break up with her because she was a Gryffindor AND a 'mudblood'. But it didn't come.

"Congratulations." I slowly opened my eyes.

"Aren't you going to tell me that I am a discrase to Slytherin or something?"

"You are forgetting three things 1. my twin sister is in Gryffindor and friends with Rose, 2. I know Rose quite well by now and she is very nice and 3. I don't really care about blood purity."

"Thank fucking God for that!" 

"Regulus, if you ever need to tell anyone anything, I'm here for you. I promise I will never judge you in any way."

"Thanks, it felt good to tell someone."

A/N: Hi my peeps. Really sorry for not updating for a while. I have slightly updated the previous chapter if you want to go back and read it but it doesn't change the story line so it is not necessary. Also I am so exited about the eras tour coming to the UK!!!! I hope I get tickets 🤞Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I think you will like the next one. Love you all! :)