Chapter 12

I feel myself become incredibly hot.... Why would he say that? We don't have to pretend right now!

His mom smirks at me.

Pierce disappears and comes back with a towel.

"Here bud!" He says smiling, seeming oblivious to what he just said.

"Any way..... Are you both hungry? Dinner should be ready soon!" Pierces mom says smiling brightly.

I shouldn't eat.

Pierce nods and pulls my arm towards where I presume is the dining room.

"Let's go get a seat!" He says smiling.

I smile back.

We sit down next to one another and a random guy walks over placing food down. He looks at me and I realize he's Pierces father...

"Are u Ein?" He asks me.

I nod feeling uneasy.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Pierces dad. I'm glad you agreed to come over, it'll be nice to know my son's boyfriend.. or false boyfriend... Both are fine" he says smiling, I nod and avoid eye contact.

Pierce grabs my hand-

"Ein, you don't have any food allergies, right?" Pierce asks.

I shake my head and he smiles and says, "good!"

Funny thing is....we continue holding hands....

"Daddy? What are we having for dinner?" Pierce asks his dad.

"Lasagna, your brother is really getting into Garfield lightly so I thought it'll be fun for him to have lasagna for dinner." He says looking at us with an eyebrow raised.

"So... Now, Ein.... What are your intentions in this somewhat false relationship?" Pierces dad asks me.

"I-intentions?... we are j-just faking so Pierces friend will leave him alone sir..!" I say trying to maintain my on going anxiety.

"but what do you get out of it?" He asks

Pierce speaks for me, "He likes my friend Aph so hopefully she'll uh... Uhm she'll- she'll like, uhm.... What's the word?... Oh! She'll be slightly jealous and like want Ein if that makes sense?"

His dad nods.

"But... Is that what you really want?...." He asks me.

What I really want? What does he mean?

The timer goes off so Pierces dad goes back into the kitchen.

Pierce squeezes my hand slightly. "Bud? You seem off, is everything okay?.." he asks me.

I nod and reply, "just a bit sleepy, sorry..."

That's not really true though... I'm just out of it since I was punched in the face before I left home.

" Did something happen....?" He asks me a bit concerned I think.

"No I'm okay, no worries." I say trying to reassure him.

"Cause, I've seen those boys at school rough you up before, did they do it again?.. is that why you were all messy?" He asks me.... I forgot he knew about that.

That only happened a few times to me in school. Not really a recurring thing.

I shake my head, "no, I'm honestly fine. Thanks for the concern though..." I mumble the last part.

He squeezes my hand again.

"Of course bud"

His dad brings dinner over and a little boy who looks similar to Pierce walks over and sits at the table.

Once he notices me, he gives me a weird look and says, " Are that boy that mom and dad keep talking about and I heard Pierce talk about in his sleep?"