Banter with a neighbor

Class has ended, I watch as everyone leaves the classroom, talking with excitement about their plans on spending their points in various stores that is provided by the school. If you were someone like Yamauchi, then you would be excitedly spending your points on video games and other sorts of entertainment without any regards to your financial state.

Though Yamauchi has a questionable personality, I am still somewhat jealous of his ability to speak to others, though if I had this ability I wouldn't be rambling about every girl's "assets" out loud, especially in front of them.

"It's pathetic that you envy someone like Yamauchi, I hope you do no turn out to be someone as disgusting as him"

I turn to my right to see my "lovely" neighbor who very much appreciates my presence as you can see.

"But I didn't even say anything!"

"Your depressing aura is all I have to sense to understand that you are in a depressing state."

At her words, I decide to throw a jab at her by twisting her words.

"I'm glad that you're looking out for me to make sure that I don't end up being influenced by someone with a bad personality, I never knew you could be so considerate Horikita."

At my rebuttal, Horikita throws a glare at me.

"You misinterpret my words, I am only making sure that I don't have to sit next to another low-life degenerate, please do not think that I am concerned for you."

I put my hand to my chest in an exaggerated manner.

"It pains me to know that you do not care for my well-being."

"You say that, but your face doesn't reflect your words or actions at all."

Despite my prestigious acting abilities which were cultivated for several years in the harsh temperatures of the mountains, Horikita was able to see through me with little to no effort.

"Well, despite my tone and expression, your words do inflict massive damage to my self-esteem, how can I prosper as a working member of society if I can't even believe in myself?"

Horikita turns to me with an unamused look on her face.

"Your sarcasm doesn't amuse me at all, not to mention the fact that most workers in a society almost always work in conditions where their mental health is overlooked, you can pull through. Though may not succeed in life, you won't stand out at all, isn't that what you wanted in the first place?"

Despite giving off the aura of a mature and beautiful woman, her personality doesn't seem to catch up with her looks.

"I was just teasing you, it wasn't necessary for you to hit me with such a depressing reality of our society, now I'm bummed out."

"You still don't look upset."

"I've already told you why, you don't have to mention it again."

If I continue with this blank face and tone, at some point girls are going to play with me like I'm some kind of doll.

...

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I still want to be my own character with thoughts and feelings.

"I'll be taking my leave now, I see no reason to stay any longer." Horikita starts putting away her textbooks.

"Does that mean that talking to me was a reason to stay back in the classroom?"

"Goodbye Ayanokouji-kun."

Horikita packs up and leaves the classroom with those departing words.

I sigh and pack up to go to my room and rest.

Though she is very prickly, I get some amusement out our small conversations.

A/N:

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING ANYTHING LIKE THIS, I AM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS OR CRITIQUES, IF THEY AREN'T PURELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF IMPROVING MY WRITING, BUT TO HATE ON ME, THEN I WILL CRY AND LOSE 13 HOURS OF SLEEP BECAUSE OF AN INSULT ON THE INTERNET.