Amabatukam Gambit

After a normal day, I enter my dorm and fall onto my bed.

"It's already been a year, I wonder what the future holds for me?"

I think back on all my achievements and the relationships I have formed with everyone, I wonder if all these relationships that I have formed will ever change me.

Knock Knock "Ayanokouji-kun, open up."

"... Horikita?" Reluctantly, I get out of my bed and walk towards the door.

"Open."

"Yeah yeah, I know." I open the door and let Horikita in. "What do you need?"

"I want a rematch." She doesn't provide any context to her question.

"Rematch? What do you mean?"

"I want to go against you again, at chess." She digs into her bag and pulls out a chessboard.

"Uh, sure? What for?"

"No reason, I suddenly felt like I was suffocating when I was in my room, I'm not sure what to do, so I thought to just come to your room and improve my skill." She starts setting up the pieces. "You go first."

"Ok.. I guess."

I play f3.

Horikita seemed confused, but played e5.

I follow up with Kf2.

"... Ayanokouji-kun, are you toying with me? Although my knowledge on chess isn't as expansive as yours, isn't your opening in general a horrible play?"

Generally, moving your king without castling is in itself a horrible move, it disables your right to castling rights and makes your king vulnerable.

"Well, yes, but I should be fine."

Horikita has an annoyed look on her face, and plays d5, gaining control of the center.

I follow up with Ke1.

Horikita's eyebrows furrow, seemingly irritated at my horrible opening.

"Your just going to let me develop more? You are underestimating me." She plays Nc6.

I play Kf2.

She plays Be6.

I play Ke1.

She seems to get more irritated as I repeat moves, she plays Bc5.

With her bishop blocking the tile, I can no longer play Kf2, so I decide to play seriously now, g3.

She plays Nf6.

I play d3.

She plays O-O, castling her king.

I play e3.

Horikita thinks for a bit, since the position is so ridiculous that she is unaware as to how to attack. She plays d4.

I play e4.

She plays Ne7.

I play Bh3.

She plays Bxh3, taking my bishop.

I play Nxh3, taking back her bishop.

She play Ng6.

I play Nf2.

(Yeah, I'm just gonna write their moves instead. Starting with Horikita, I hope it isn't difficult to follow.)

Qd6

Kf1

Qb6

Nd2

Rfd8

a4

h6

Nc4

Qc6

Nc4

Qe6

f4

exf4

gxf4

Qe7

Rg1

a6

f5

Nf8

Bxh6

g6

Bg5

N8d7

Ng4

Kg7

Nxf6

Nxf6

e5

Qe8

Bxf6+ "+" means I put her in check.

Kh7, wrong move Horikita.

Rg3

Qf8

Rh3+

Qh6

Rxh6+

Kxh6

Qg4

Kh7

Qh4+

Kg8

Qh8# Checkmate.

"... No way."

"Sorry Horikita, you stood no chance."

"I can't believe it, even after letting me have an advantage in development? You truly are something else Ayanokouji-kun."

Horikita seems frustrated.

"What even was that opening anyway?"

"..."

"Will you tell me?

I take a deep breath.

"AMABATUKAM GAMBIT"

A/N:

TRULY ONE OF THE BEST GAMBITS IN CHESS, I WANTED TO DO A CHESS ONE SHOT, SINCE I LOVED PLAYING IT WHEN I WAS IN 4TH GRADE, I LOST INTEREST IN IT, BUT GOT BACK INTO IT ABOUT A YEAR AGO. I HOPE THAT I DIDNT MAKE ANY MISTAKES IN THE MOVES.