The Wild West

... Where am I?

I find myself surrounded by pasture. I see nothing around me.

"... What happened?"

The last thing that I can recall was speaking to Horikita after the island exam, is this another special exam? If so, isn't this too extreme for a special exam?

Though the school is unusual, I don't think that they would go as far as subduing their students for the sake of an exam.

I look at myself. I am still wearing what I had on the ship.

"... isn't it kind of cold?"

That's strange, it should be warm, was I taken by the white room enforcers? That couldn't be it, that would be too risky for them. That man wouldn't risk all his hard work like this.

"I should probably first figure out where I am, am I even in Japan?"

I lift myself up, it doesn't seem like I was knocked out, or drugged. I take a second to take in my surroundings.

I decide to walk around a bit, searching for civilization.

As I walk around I notice that my surrounding have a surprisingly natural look to them, almost elegant, as if no man has ever touched the environment.

Down along the way, I spot a dirt trail.

"Am I in a park of some kind? Everything here seems natural, the vegetation here isn't natural in Japan, in fact, I'm sure that they are native to the west. Am I in North America? How did I get here?"

I follow the dirt trail, hoping to find any sign of human life.

This may be a national park, if I follow this trail I should be able to find someone.

As I follow along the trail, I immediately spot something.

"... Are those train tracks? And power lines? So is this not a national park?"

Before I can finish my deduction, I hear laughing followed by shots. I immediately hide inside some tall grass.

"YEAH, THAT FELLER SURE HAD A LOT ON 'EM, WE CAN EAT FOR DAYS WITH THIS, HAHA!"

The source of the voice is coming from a wagon that is following the dirt trail, there is a group of 5 people, all of them are holding outdated weapons.

The strangest part about this is that the wagon is being pulled by 2 horses.

"Hey! This body is starting to rot, dump it out!"

One of the men pick up the body of a man and dump it out of their wagon, then they speed away.

"What just happened? Did I witness the cover up of a murder?"

I come out of the tall grass and approach the dead body.

The poor man seems to have been brutally beaten and finished off with a shot to his chest.

Strangely enough, his clothes look weird, putting aside the cultural difference, this seems strange even for western culture, it looks outdated.

I notice that he is carrying a holster, could it be?

"... As I thought, he has a revolver."

Though I somewhat feel bad for the man, I decide to search his body.

I find canned food and gin. Along with a map and 15 revolver cartridges.

"Why is he carrying such an outdated weapon? The group from before also had revolvers like these. I know that America has a strong opinion towards their right to firearms, but don't they have better firearms than this?"