Chapter 2: A Good Friend

"Hey David, where are you going?" Emma asked while packing her car with supplies for her job.

"Oh, I'm going to see Regina at the hospital." He said, but wanted to get to the hospital and not talk to Emma.

"Oh-oh-okay well that's nice of you to-". He walked past her and continued walking to the hospital. She look at back at him and raised and eyebrow, then shrugged and walked back to her car, but still looking at David.

...

She was resting, and had a bandage on her forehead.

David walked up to her and smiled. "Hey-". He said hoping to wake her up.

"Huh-oh hi David." She looked over to him with squinting eyes.

"So how ya' feeling?" He put his hands in his pockets and smiled.

"I'm sore, but I'm fine-" she said with a broken voice. "So what are you doing here?"

"Well-I wanted to sure you were okay."

"I am, so you can leave David."

"So-so when are you supposed to be released?" He sat down on the edge of the bed and crossed his arms.

"I dunno in a couple days."

Her arm was outside of the bed sheets , David reached over and placed his hand on hers. Her eyes flickered to his hand and then looked back up at him.

"Well I gotta go to the pet shelter, so try and get some rest." He had a warm smile on his stubbly face, stood up and walked out of the hospital.

She looked at him as he left and crossed her arms. She didn't know where that came from. Whatever it came from she wasn't sure if it meant anything.

...

Emma was sitting in the sheriffs station and was looking over files and pictures of the possible crime of the crash. She was drinking some of that classic hot chocolate with cinnamon from Granny's. She hand her hand holding up her head while scanning the files.

"You didn't get me any hot chocolate?" Henry joked. Emma jumped at his voice and didn't expect him there.

"Kid, what are you doing here shouldn't you be at school?"

"I should be, but I'm not." He smiled and sat down next to her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to see if there was a crime committed when the crash happened, or if the crash is a crime."

"Why don't you look at the surveillance footage?"

"Good thinking, kid!-" she put on her jacket and cleaned up the files and put them away. "Okay let's go to that place across Game of Thrones."

...

They walked into the haberdashery across from Game of Thrones. "Hi, I'm the sheriff, yeah-". "We were wondering if we could look at the surveillance footage from Tuesday."

"Yes of course, what for. Oh and which camera?" The owner was walking them to the security room.

"Uh, well there was a crash if you didn't hear and I need to know if there was a possible crime. And I think outside footage might help."

"So the camera outside of the entrance?"

"Yeah."

He went into camera 3's files and clicked on Tuesday, February 4, 2012. "What time was the crash?"

"In the morning, so about maybe, uh 8 to 8:30."

He rewinded it to 8:00 am and pressed play. Emma was pretty accurate with the timing; Regina's car showed up on the camera and then the car that smashed her into the building.

"Wait! Wait! Stop the film!-" Henry pointed at the computer. "Look it's the car that hit us."

"Yeah kid, looks like a BMW."

"Wait, that's Jefferson's car." Emma claimed.

"Who's Jefferson?" Henry asked.

"Uh, well he has a weird fetish with these hats-"

"He must be the mad hatter!"

"Henry c'mon."

"Well I guess I have to interrogate him." She said.

...

It was now close to dinner time and it was a frigid night. David was walking along the sidewalk; and every time he breathed the, cold air would freeze his breath. At the hospital Regina was still resting, Emma and Henry were about to visit.

Mary Margaret was walking along the side walk, but across the street. "David!" She looked for cars and then ran over.

He looked over and didn't smiled or real, but he flashed a fake one. "Hey." She hugged him and he didn't feel right.

She looked into his eyes placed her cold hands around his face and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder blade. She broke the kiss and still hand her hands wrapped around his jaw line; she smiled and he flashed another fake smile.

"Just had to get that goodnight kiss." She released his face and walked past him.

He looked back at her and tried to think why he felt so weird. He want sure and it was bothering him. He tried keeping in his feelings, but it's not easy.

...

"Hey kid, you stay here and I'll get our dinner form Granny's, what do you want?" Emma asked.

"Uh how about a burger...oh and fries."

She smiled and turned to leave. Henry got his book out of his bag and walked over to Regina. She was asleep; she needed it, she was stilling heeling from a broken rib, mild burns, and a gash on her head.

He sat in the chair next to her bed. He looked at her and then at his book, he still implied that she was the 'evil queen', but he also regretted not treating her right. He got up from the chair and stood next to her bedside, he tapped on the bed a little to wake her up.

"Mom, mom wake up." He whispered, but she woke up. "Sorry to wake you up-". She hugged him so tight and almost started crying.

"It's ok Henry." She hugged him again.

This is the relationship she always wanted with him, a loving relationship. He was finally starting to see the good in her. And that she wasn't just the 'evil queen' she had feelings to and deserves to be treated like a human.