Chapter 15: Trouble

It was morning and the light from the sun peaked through the window of Regina's bedroom and fell on their bed.

Regina opened her eyes and blinked a couple times and looked over at a sleeping David. He looked so handsome and peaceful. She brought a hand to his face and stroked his face with her thumb. She pressed her lips against his cheek. He stirred and finally woke up, causing her to smirk.

"Good morning my handsome prince." She whispered in a raspy voice.

"Good morning my beautiful princess." He leaned in and kissed her nose, causing her to laugh. They say there for a minute until David noticed something. She just kept staring into thin air.

"What's on your mind?" He asked taking the hair out of her face.

"I was just thinking about...maybe we should go public."

"Are you sure your ready?"

She nodded, "Yes, yes I am."

"Well, I'm hungry, so let's start by eating breakfast at Granny's." He smiled, Regina rolled her eyes in amusement.

"Alright."

...

David came out of the closet and buttoned up his shirt. He put a jacket on. And like a gentleman he took Regina's jacket and put it on her. They got ready and went downstairs.

...

The Diner

David held her hand as they walked from the truck. Henry was speed-walking to the door; he was hungry. Regina was looking down at the sidewalk, she was anxious.

David stopped and he held her arms and tried to find her eyes.

"Hey." Her head rise and their eyes met. "It's gunna be alright." He pulled her into a hug and cradled her head. "C'mon, we don't want to starve now." She looked at him trying not to smile, but a smirk crept on her face.

They walked into the diner. Everybody turned around to face Prince Charming holding the Evil Queen's hand and with Henry. They all glared at the couple as they sat down at the bar.

"David they're staring." She trained to hide her face with her hand.

"Ignore them, because there is nothing they can say that would make me not love you." He held her hand as Red hesitantly walked over with a notepad and pencil.

"Uh, I, so you're together?" Red stuttered looking at their hands linked together.

"Yes, and we're proud of it." David answered and looked at Regina in the eyes with a soft and loving look. She traded a small smile.

Red looked at them, "Well, what can I get you." She looked at Henry who smiled at David and Regina. Red was shocked, out of all people, Henry approves of them.

"Pancakes!" Henry soda with a smile.

"Me to." David said.

"Me three." Regina smirked at Red, who just had a blank look on her face.

...

Breakfast had ended and right before they left David turned around to face the diner of people.

"David?" Regina grabbed his arm.

"Everybody! Listen up!" He shouted and everyone faced him and gave him dirty looks.

"Oh God." Regina dipped her head and covered her face.

   "I know that you may not approve of us being together, and that's alright."  He grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes; that could barely look at the breakfast crowd.  "But, no matter what any of you think, no matter what any of you say about us, I'll always love her, and I'll never leave her."  The crowd still gave him looks, but some were changing a bit, just a bit, especially Red's.  "She's lost too much,  she's lost her first true love twice now and all I want to do is be there for her."  He turned to face her and brought a hand to her face and rubbed her face with his thumb.  "I love you Regina, and I'll love you until my last breath."  He started to tear up. 

   "I love you to."  A tear fell.  Red's opinions were starting to change, she still didn't like them together, but it was clear there was no separating them.  They just had to except them.

   David smiled brightly.  "C'mon let's go home." 

   They walked out of the diner everybody looked at them through the window and were shocked.  Prince Charming loves the Evil Queen?  And she loves him back?  What happened?

...

   "Are you alright?"  David asked bracing her back.

   "I'm alright, I'm just proud I said that."  David looked over at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her over and she leaned her head on his shoulder.  He kissed the side of her head.

   "I am to."  He stopped and said,  "Actually instead of going home how about we go to the docks."

   "The docks?"

   "Yeah or near it, we can go to the beach."  He paused.  "We can walk on the beach it'll be romantic."

   "So let's go home and get ready."  He winked.  He kissed her on the cheek and opened the truck door; Henry got in and then her. 

...

   "I haven't been to the beach in too long!"  Henry jumped into his room.  David and Regina smiled at him, they went back to their bedroom.

   "Hey and for lunch we can have a picnic on the beach."  David offered holding her hips and standing there in jeans and a tank top.

  Regina went back into the closet and came out with a nice light colored dress.  Perfect for a picnic and a walk in the beach. 

   "You look absolutely beautiful."  He said looking her.  She blushed and he loved that.  She obviously loved being complemented.

   "Thank you."  She grabbed both of his hands and leaned up to kiss him.  "Now get ready."

...

The Beach

   David opened the truck door and went to the bed and picked up the basket of food.

   He and Henry set up the picnic as Regina brought the drinks from a cooler.

  David picked up his sandwich all of them made by Regina.  "Mm, very good sandwich." 

   "Thank you."  She smiled and looked over at Henry.

   Henry was looking at the water and eating his sandwich and he looked back over to face the two looking him with smirks.  "What?"

   "Nothing."  They smirked.

   "You guys are weird."

   "Indeed we are."  David looked at Regina, who had an irritated look on her face.

  "It's a joke."  He claimed.

   They say there for a while eating, talking, laughing, and smiling at each other.  Regina had her two princes just laughing it up right in front of her.  She was so happy.