Chapter 24: Operation Crocodile Pt.1

David was finally sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. It was morning. Regina didn't much sleep from the horrifying nightmare. Her eyes fluttered open, they burned while adjusting to the lighting.

She looked over at David. Her hand still holding on to his, while the chair was up against the bed.  She carefully scooted the chair back, making sure not  to wake him.  She walked back over to him and say at the edge of the bed.  Her hands ran through his short hair, a smile arose upon her lips.  She leaned into him and kissed his forehead.  This time she decided to lay next to him. 

   David felt the warm presence on his neck and his hand.  Regina's eyes were barely open and his just opened.  He looked over to Regina's head buried in his neck.  He cracked a smile.

   He moved his head to kiss her cheek.  She looked up at him, and he took his hand and took a lock of hair and put it behind her ear.  "Morning-". He said groggily.

   "Don't you ever do that to me again."

   "What?"

   "Leave me, I thought I lost you, I had a nightmare, you didn't wake up."

   "You want to talk about it?"  He said caressing her jawline.  She nodded.

   "We were in the diner, you, Henry, and I, we were so happy, you said to me that you were going to the bathroom, and what is with you and almost dying when trying to go to the bathroom?"  She joked trying to I bring some light to the situation.  "And my mother appeared."

   "What that who?-"

   "Yes, my mother was the one who had choked you, she'll have to go through me to get to you next time."  She continued.  "I screamed 'no!' And she said I had to learn, she ripped out your heart and-". Even though it never happened it was guy-wrenching to her.  "She crushed it, she crushed your heart in front of me just like she did Daniel."  She voice cracked with distress.  "It was horrible, I couldn't even breathe-"

   "Hey it's okay it was just a nightmare, Im not going to leave you."  He pulled her into an embrace.

   "Emma and Mary-Margaret were there, they were crying to, they tried to help me up, but I couldn't move, I was in so much pain, it felt like I got hit by a bus, my heart felt like fire and...and I, I woke up."

   "It's ok, she can't hurt us, I won't let her, our love is too strong, because?" He tried to cheer her up.

   "Love is strength." They said simultaneously.  He smiled and leaned in kissing her softly.

   "I love you." He said against her lips.

   "I love you more."  She giggled.

   "No I love you more!" 

   "That's not possible, because I love you infinitely."  She said while laughing.

   "Okay you win." 

...

   Emma walked into the kitchen and Snow was preparing some scrambled eggs and bacon.

   "I've got a mission and you're coming along."  She proposed.

   "Emma, what do you mean?"

   "Okay you wanna know why I was acting weird."

   "Yes, most certainly that's what I'm concerned about." She said quickly.

"Okay, look you remember that guy we saved from that crumbled village?"

"Ye-you mean that Captain Hook guy?"