Chapter 11: You're Not My Mom

"I do hope you like apples."  Regina said to Emma handing her the apple turnover.

   Emma smiled back and took the 'gift' from Regina. 

   Emma left the house; David was at work and Henry was at school. 

  This was it.  The problem will be gone.  And the curse will still be in affect. 

...

   "Where's my son?"  Regina said in a panic, before she knew she was being jerked by the arm and thrown into a closet.

   "What the hell are you doing!" Regina shouted trying to fight back before being pinned against a locker.

   "The apple turnover you gave me! He ate it!"  Emma spat out in full on rage.

   "What?!"  Regina said with big eyes in fear.

   "I was leaving why couldn't you just leave things alone?!"  She yelled; tears filling her eyes.

   "Because as long as your alive Henry will never be mine!"  She said with a broken voice.

   "He won't be any of ours if you don't fix this."  She explained harshly.

   "I CAN'T!" Regina said with a completely broken voice full of pain and sadness.  Emma let go and was breathing heavy.

   "So what do we do?"  Emma breathed out looking distressed.

   "We need help."  Emma nodded.

...

   "Hey what's going on with Henry?"  David asked worried.

   "He's in the hospital."  Regina broke the news and was upset of course.

  "What?!" 

  "He'll be fine, I hope."  The last words he didn't hear.

...

   They were too late.  He was gone.  Regina felt like the she was hit by a truck; several times.  Emma was more mad at Regina, she wanted to kill her.

   Emma walked over to Henry barely being able to stand she cried so hard.  She brushed the hair out his forehead and kissed his forehead.  Regina was being comforted by Whale.  A gust of wind blew through the the hospital and thought the town along with a surge of a rainbow like glow; a beam of light. 

   "Mom?"  Henry asked waking up; Emma was in shock, she inhaled abruptly and hugged Henry tightly.

   Regina turned around and looked to find Henry alive.  "You broke it."  Regina said in shock.

   "You broke the curse."  Henry said with a smile at Emma; who was still in shock.

...

   "Charming!"  Snow shouted across the street.

   "Snow?"  David said as she ran into his arms and kissed him passionately. But something didn't feel right to him.  The kiss felt weird.  Like it meant nothing to him.

   "What's that?"  Snow pointed to the large purple cloud of smoke covering the town.  David covered her with his muscular arms and ducked their heads to protect themselves.

   "What was that?"

   "I don't know." David said.  He wasn't feeling right and he needed to do something. 

...

   They formed a mob at her house.  Whale banged on the door.  She opened  it with a evil smirk. 

   "Can I help you?"  She said sarcastically.  Whale grabbed her neck and pinned her against a column.

   "You're done for my queen."  Whale said strangling her neck.

   "Stop!"  David yelled pushing through the crowd.  He pushed Whale out of the way and glared at him, while his arm braced Regina's forearm. 

   "Who are you Whale?"  He said close to his face.

   "Not...telling."  He spat. 

   "Look, we are not murders, even though she had done some unspeakable things, we can't resort to killing her."  Snow said to the crowd.

   "You alright?"  David asked Regina bracing both of her arms.

   "I'm fine Charming."  She walked out from the column.  David sighed and turned around.

   "We'll lock her up for the good of the twin and her own."  Snow suggested and Regina glared at her.

   David took Regina's arm again and walked through the the crowd behind Emma, Snow, and Henry.

...

   Emma and Snow had fallen through the portal.  David looked up from the hat he landed on and tears filled his eyes, he had just found his family and now he lost them trying to save the life of his new love; Regina. 

   "Where are they?"  He spoke through his tears.

   "I have no idea."  She said in shock.

   He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.  He came up to Regina, he fell into her.  He buried his head in the crook of her neck.  She reluctantly wrapped her arms around him and closed her eyes.  She rubbed his back and cradled his head with her hand.  They broke the embrace and he looked at her with hope.  A tear fell from her eye.  She expected to be being choked to death by him.  Not a supportive hug.

  "Mom?"  Henry asked walking into the dark room with Ruby.

   "Henry!"  Regina ran up to her son and hugged him.  He frowned at her.

   "Where are they?  Where is Emma and Mary Margaret?"

   "Sweetheart, they fell a portal, we-" she looked back at David who was standing behind her.  "Don't know what happened to them."  She grabbed his arms, "I'm sorry."

   "No you're not-". He spat,  "You're not my mom."  He backed away, Regina stood up and cleared her throat a tear fell.

   "I-I-I'm gunna go."  She walked past Henry and Ruby; balling.

   "Regina wait!" David said running after her.  "Henry c'mon."  He placed a hand on the boy's back and ran after Regina.

...

   She ran into house and slammed the door behind her.  She slid down the door and placed her head between her legs and braced her legs with her arms.

   David ran up to the door with Henry who's arms were crossed.  He knocked in the door, not really expecting an answer.  He knocked again.  Nothing.

   "I think you really hurt this time Henry."  Lightly scolding him, he bent down to his level and Henry lowered his head.  "Regina open the door."  He said against the door.

   "Go away."  She said with a broken voice through her tears.

   He sighed.  He braced Henry's back and they walked away.

   No one loves me.  I don't deserve love!  I'm the evil queen.  I'm a villain.  And villains don't get happy endings.

   She eventually got up from the door and carried herself to the couch, she hugged the pillow and cried herself to sleep.