Chapter 13: The Two Knights

David came back to Regina's house with the hat.  He knocked on the door lightly.  She came to the door with a smile.

   "Hey you."  David said with a bright smile and gave her a sweet kiss. 

   "The hat, why do you still have it?"  She said looking at the torn and mangled hat as he embraced her.

   "I was gunna ask you about it."

   "What about it?"  She asked curiously as they walked into the house.

   "Where you got it from."  He had a smirk on his face.

   "...I've long since forgotten."  She lied, she didn't want David going after the hatter; Jefferson.

   "Where's Henry?"  He placed the hat down on the table next to him and got closer to her. 

   "Henry, David's here!"  She shouted across the home, so Henry could hear.

   He laughed and smirked at her when he put his hands on her hips.  He placed his lips on her and she bit his bottom lip.  He moved away from her, knowing Henry would come down and didn't want to see all that.

   "Hey, kid."  He said as the boy hugged him. "I brought some wooden swords, so you can practice becoming a proper knight." He said to the boy with a hand in his shoulder.

...

He came back inside with two wooden swords. He handed Henry both of them.

"Henry why don't you go outside, I'll be there in a minute."

"K." Henry went to the backyard of the house.

David walked closer to Regina, "So... our world, does it still exist?" He asked softly. He grabbed her hand and held onto it.

"I..." Her voice cracked, "I don't know." She felt bad for him. "I'm sorry." She was genuine. She really was sorry.

He frowned, "Hey, it's alright." He brought his hands to her face and placed his forehead against hers. She laced her fingers around his. He kissed her forehead sweetly. He released her face and grabbed her hand again. "You want to see your son become a knight?" He asked in a more booming voice.

"Yeah."

...

She sat in a bench in her backyard watching her son and her lover sword fight, for fun of course, but it made her heart warm. It made her smile like a school girl.

"Ready to give up?" David asked he said having Henry in a head lock.

"No, are you?" He said sarcastically and elbowed him in the stomach, enough to cause a little bit of pain. Henry struck him with his sword several times as David was falling in a dramatic way. "Ha, I've defeated you!"

"Oh no, my prince!" Regina ran to David who was sprawled across the grass. "Please don't leave me!" She said dramatically. She caressed the sides of his face and kissed him softly.

"You saved me!" David said with a gasp and sat up with Regina. David kissed her back, but more passionate.

"Guys!" Henry said a little disgusted. Again.  "How about you guys spar?"

   "Yeah Charming how about we spar?"  Regina said as she pinned David to the ground. 

   "You know I'll win though."  David said proudly as Regina let go.  Henry threw them their swords. 

   "We'll see about that."

   "Alright now spar!"  Henry said as he backed up.

   ...

   After a few minutes of sparing and just running around like chickens with heads cut off, David knocked her over and pinned her to the ground.

   "I told you I'd win."  He said smiling form 'his win'.

   "Who said you won?"  She pushed him over and faked stabbing her in the heart.  "I win."

  "Whatever."  He said standing up.

  "Don't whatever me!"  She said elbowing him in the stomach.  "Who wants lunch?"

   "Me!"  David and Henry said.

   "Such children."  Regina said slapping David's butt.

...

"How about we go to the stables?" David suggested; holding Regina's hand underneath the table.

"I can teach you how to ride a horse, properly."

"I use to ride I'm a bit rusty, maybe you can teach me again, David." Regina said squeezing David's hand.

"You use to ride?" Henry asked.

"Yes, when I was much younger."

"I use to be a shepherd and take care of livestock. I was about as poor as you can be back in our land."

"Really?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, I lived with my mother for a long time. Anyways, let's go to the stables!"

...

The Stables

"Why do you like that thing so much?" Regina asked pointed to David's odd gun holster.

   "I don't know, but it makes me look cool doesn't it?"  He said pulling her into him. 

   "Cool?  I guess."  She giggled kissing his cheek.  "C'mom lets go help Henry-"

   "MOM!!!  David!!!"  Henry yelled from beyond their sights.  David and Regina looked at each other with great concern.  They ran to where Henry was.

   "HENRY!"

...
The Enchanted Forest

   Snow and Emma were walking through the forest, with new companions Mulan and Aurora. 

   "Do you think they are still together?"  Snow asked carrying her bow and arrow and wrapping it around her back.

   "Who?"  Emma asked cocking her with her hands in her pockets.

   "David and Regina."  She said with a clear sadness in her voice.

   "Don't worry, he just made a mistake, I doubt Henry is okay with them still being together."  She tried to reassure.

   "That's the thing, Emma-". Snow stopped in her tracks and Emma quickly stopped.  "When you're in love with someone you'll do anything to be with them, even if it's controversial."  Emma looked up at her trying to come up with another excuse.

   "Maybe it was just sympathetic feelings for each other, maybe they're friends again, they probably weren't actually in love, it just happened."

   "We'll see about that."  Snow said in a bitter voice and contained walking after Mulan and Aurora.  Emma huffed and followed behind.

   Snow was pretty definite that David and Regina were still together.  And if they really love each other, and people are trying to break them apart, their love only grows stronger, she would know.  She was heart broken about it, but she hide it quite well.