Chapter 12: I Choose You

Henry and David were up, and David knew he had to speak to Regina. He sighed and walked around the bar to Henry who was eating breakfast.

"Henry I'm gunna go check on Regina, I'll be back in a little, 'kay kid?"

"Okay." David hugged his grandson.
"I'll be fine grandpa."

"Okay, bud." He winked at him and grabbed his jacket and keys and walked out of the apartment.

...

Regina was still asleep. She didn't look peaceful like she usually did sleeping. Her makeup was running, her eyes puffy from crying. Her hair mess. She didn't loose her beauty.

David knocked on the door. No answer. He figured there had to be a secret key somewhere. He searched the bushes for a key, under the door mat. Then he saw a rock. He picked it up and found a key covered in bits of dirt. He picked it up and put the rock back.

He unlocked the door carefully. Figuring she might be sleeping and didn't want to spook her. He closes the door behind him. He looked around. He whispered 'Regina'. Of course she didn't answer. Then he came across her sleeping figure on the couch. He sighed and crouched next to her. He pushed a strand of hair out of her face. She stirred a bit. He smirked a little.

"Regina." He whispered against her ear. "Wake up." She stirred some more and finally opened her bloodshot eyes.

"David?" She said in a broken voice. He looked at her with a frown. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to make sure you were alright."

"Why? You hate me." She frowned.

"I don't hate you Regina." He grabbed her arm and held onto it.

"You should after all I've done to your family, I should be your enemy."

"But I'm not...Regina I love you." He grabbed her other arm and placed his lips on hers. It was the softest of kisses. Unlike any other of their kisses. This one was to bring her back from a dark place. He broke the kiss and she looked him in the eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck.  "I choose you, Regina."

"You do?"

"Yes. Now let's go back to my house to Henry." She nodded and chuckled a little before unwrapping her arms from his neck and placing them on his face, placing a kiss on his lips.

...

   "Mom?"  Henry turned on the bar seat and ran to the door.  He hugged her tightly.  She missed this.  "I'm sorry I made you upset, mom.  I was just angry."

   "It's okay Henry." She ruffled his hair.

   Regina's stomach growled.  Making David chuckle and Henry smirking. 

   "Sounds like someone's hungry."  David said pulling Regina into his side and kissing her temple.  And then kissing her cheek.

   "Can guys stop maybe and save that for when I'm not around."  Henry said cringing a little.

   Regina just smiled at each other, while David went around to the bar and was preparing Regina's breakfast. 

   "Here you are your majesty."  David joked and placed French toast in front of her.

   Regina raised a brow at 'majesty'. "Majesty?  I prefer Regina."  She grinned.

   "Okay, Regina." He winked.

...

   "Can we go home?"  Henry asked David and Regina who were cuddling on the couch.

   "What do you mean, honey?"  Regina asked prolong her head up to see Henry better.

   "Your house mom, I want to go home."

   "Of course Henry."

...

   David took Regina and Henry home. 

   David chose me.  I still don't understand why, but he did!  Snow's gone though, so when or if she comes back I guarantee he'll go back to her.  Stop it Regina!  He chose you.  Not Snow.  He loves you.  You love him. 

...

   I chose her.  She's just amazing, and she can't seem to see that.  I'm gunna help her see she's needed and loved.  I love her so much.  I will alway have a place in my heart for Snow, but Regina is my new love.  There is no denying it.  She may not see it, but I think she's my true love.  Maybe fate has just decided to change. 

...

   It's weird to see them together, but he makes her happy and I want her happy.  David says he loves her and I believe him.  But my mom, just seems like love isn't possible for her, it's sad.

...

They walked inside the massive house. Henry ran upstairs and tried to find some photo albums. David and Regina were sitting on the couch wondering what he was doing up there.

"So-". David whispered softly while brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "What are we going to do about Emma and Snow." He said against her cheek and kissed it.

"I don't know." He kissed her jaw and then her neck. "David, Henry's upstairs careful." She smiled. He just replied by kissing her on the lips. They continued to kiss passionately until interrupted by Henry.

"Hey guys look what I found."  Henry said holding some heavy photo albums.

   They broke their session and turned to face him, "Photo albums?"  David asked curiously.

   "Yeah, and this one is full of pictures of when I was a baby."  Henry said sitting between David and Regina.  She grabbed him and pulled close and kissed the top the head.

   "You're still my baby." She said kissing her son and hugging him.

   "Mom."  He groaned loosing air from the tight hug.

   "Sorry, alright let's look at the album we don't we?"  She looked at David and back at her son.

...

   They came across, probably one of the cutest pictures David had ever seen;  a tiny baby Henry was fast asleep on Regina who was also asleep.  David looked over at Regina.  She noticed him staring and she looked over with a genuine smile. 

   Maybe this can happen for me, a happy ending, with David, Henry, and maybe another child.  I just don't think I can handle the hatred I'm bound to receive if we go public. 

   She looked back over to the book.  She missed being a mother to a tiny baby, was it stressful, yes, but she also loved it.  But there was just one thing in the way; the infertility potion she took back in the Enchanted Forest.  She can't have children.  Of her own at least. 

   Am I even a good mother, if I could have a child, which is highly unlikely would it hate me?  Stray away from me like Henry?