Chapter 9: I'll Return

David brought his lunch to Regina's office. He walked into her office and she looked at him with a bright smile. "Hey." He said as they walked to each other and he grasped her hands and pulled her into a small kiss.

"Hey to you." She joked. They sat down at the large table in her office.

Between bites of food they just kept smiling and giggling at each other.

They finished their lunch and David had to back to work. "Hey I have to go so."

"Do you really have to?" She said as they embraced.

"Yes." He mumbled and leaned into catch her lips in a quick but, passionate kiss.

"Bye."

"Oh! Wait Regina I-" he walked up to her again. "How about we have a nice dinner tonight?"

"So like a date?" She said as she looked at his lips then back into his eyes.

"Yeah, but didn't you not want us to go public?"

   "Yeah, but we've been together for over a week so I'm fine going public."

   "Great-" he kissed her again, "bye."

  "Bye." 

...

The Bistro

   "This isn't as good as your lasagna." David said biting into some mediocre lasagna.

   "Thank you."  She smiled and took a sip of wine.

   "Your bill." The waiter slipped the bill and pen in the middle of the table.

   "Thank you."  Regina said as she reached for the bill.

   "No, no, no, I've got it."  David insisted.

   "No, David." She pleaded.

   "It's our first real date I'm going to pay." He signed the receipt and left a tip.  He grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes.  "Have I told you you look beautiful?"

   She laughed and blushed, "yes for the third time tonight."  Regina's phone buzzed in her purse.  It was Archie. 

  David winked at her, cuing her to answer the phone.  "Hello Dr. Hopper, do you need something?" She said cheerfully as David made flirty faces at her.

   "Uh, wow I've never heard in such a pleasant tone, Regina."  He chuckled.

   "I'm in a very good mood."

   "Well that's great."

   "So what did you need?" 

   "Henry says he tired so I'm going to take him home."

   "Oh, thank you Dr. Hopper."  She said softly.

   "Have a good night Regina."

   "Bye."

   "So what did he want?" David asked leaning back in his chair.

  "He was dropping Henry off at the house." 

   "Oh." He smirked a little.

...

   David walked her to her front door and she unlocked the door and turned to him.  "What no goodnight kiss?" 

   "Oh yeah."  He wrapped his arms around her kissed her and leaned her back into the door frame.  She broke the kiss and he gave her some space.