Chapter 16: I Love You Always

David woke up next to Regina. Then a thought came to his mind. How are we going to get Snow and Emma back?  They're still my family, I need them back. I'll just have to explain things to them. I love Regina so much, I can't leave her now. I can't go back to Snow, I'll always love her, but I just don't have the same feelings for her anymore. He frowned. He didn't know what to do you. He closed his eyes again. He felt movement on his chest. He looked down to see Regina's head trying to find comfort on him.

He smiled. He kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arm around her neck. She stirred a bit. Then her eyes opened. She looked up at him and grabbed his face and kissed on the lips.

"Hey." He whispered in her ear.

   "Hey."  She replied.  She looked into his eyes and she saw sadness.  "What's wrong?" 

   "Hm? Oh it's that...I was thinking about Emma and Snow, how we're going to get them back." He said plainly staring at the ceiling. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"We'll get them back, I know we will."

"Ahh!" They heard a muffled yell. They both quickly realized it was Henry. They jumped out of bed and ran to his room.

"Henry! Henry?! Are you okay?!" Regina said at his side. Henry was in some trance like state.

"Mom?"

"Yes Henry I'm here."

   "What happened?"  David asked sitting on the bed.

   "I had a nightmare and I was in this room..."  Regina nodded, her focus completely on Henry.  "And and."

  "Henry, dear it's alright."  She hugged her son and held him close. 

...

Two Days Later...

   "Is that a burn?!"  Regina asked very concerned and inspected Henry's severely burned arm.  He winced in pain. 

   "Can't you get rid of it?"  Regina asked Gold.

   "Of course." 

...

   Regina was pacing back and fourth.  David sighed and got up from his seat.  He braced her.  He kissed her softly.

   "It's gunna be ok."  He assured and kissed her again.

   "Now, I suggest we send the boy back."  Gold appeared from his office.

   David and Regina turned to face him holding each other.  "Now way!"  David shouted.

   "Over my dead body!"  Regina spat.

   "Well then I'll guess you'll miss your family very much Mr.Nolan."  Gold walked past David, but David pushed him back. 

   "Tell me what the hell I need to do!"  David demanded.  How dare Gold talk about his family like that?  Gold just smirked at him.

...

   "No!  I can't loose you!"  Regina pleaded.  David holding her hands.

   "You won't ever loose me, because I'm always right here."  He said lovingly, he pointed to her heart.  "I'm right there, I love you always."  He kissed her passionately. 

   "How will you wake up?" She asked through her tears.

   "Because, you'll wake me up with true loves kiss, because I love you..."

   "And I love you."  She kissed him for a long time, she wanted to cherish this 'last moment' with him, their 'last kiss'. 

   "Are you sure you want to do this?"  She asked against his lips, her arms wrapped around his neck. 

   "I need to bring my family back.  So yes, I'm sure."  He said plainly.

   "Ok."  She whispered, completely going against her mind.  This is what David wanted.  I shall give it to him.  He is in my heart.  He stole it.  He stole my heart.  And I stole his.  We're the thieves of hearts.

...

   "It's ready."  She stated plainly and David came over to her.  He kissed her tenderly.  And gave her a tight hug. 

   "Here, it'll help with the flames."  Henry gave David a necklace he wore to help.

   "Thanks."  He patted the boys shoulder and he put in the necklace.

   "Are you rea-". Regina cut off by a bruising kiss.  Henry looked away still grossed out by them making out. 

   "I am, but remember, that we are true love, don't you forget that."  A tear fell from her face.  "Don't cry."  He wiped a tear away from her face with his thumb.

   Rumple watched them.  He was quite amused that the Evil Queen, his former student, fell in love with Prince Charming, the husband of Snow White.   He was a seer, though, surely he saw this coming.  Fate brought them together.  They are true love.  Gold smirked as he sat down in front of the spinning wheel.

   David brought his hand near the needle.  He looked over Regina me Henry.  He smiled at Regina who gave a small smile back. 

   He faced the needle again.  He pricked his finger.  Everything was going black around him.  As he fell the last thing he heard was 'I love you'. 

...

   Regina sat on the couch next to David,  she fell onto him and laid there for a while.  She needed to go home and take Henry with her.

   "Mom?"  Henry asked rubbing his eyes.

   "Yes,  Henry?"  She asked clearing her throat and sitting back up.

   "I'm tired can we go home?"

   Regina looked over at David, he didn't have the peaceful look on his face when he slept, his face was filled with pain and sadness.  "Of course." She said with a defeated voice.

   "Is he gunna be okay?"  Henry asked.

   "I'm sure he will."  He better be.

...

   Regina was tucking in Henry.  "Mom?  You love him right?" 

   "David?"  David.  Every time she heard his name it made her think of him falling into the curse. 

   "Yeah."

   "Yes, of course I do." 

   "And he loves you."

   "Henry-". She didn't want to talk about David, it pained her.  "Go to bed."  Henry said okay, but he wanted to tell her that she could, no she would wake him up with true loves kiss. 

...

   The clock read 2:34 am.  She couldn't fall asleep, she had grown used to sleeping and waking next to someone,  in their big arms, holding her dear.  She cried until she fell asleep.  Why do I loose everything, dear to me.  I have Henry, but now I just lost David.  'True Love's Kiss can break any curse'. Those familiar words rang in her head.  It's not possible I can't be loved again!  No one can love me!  I've lost too much, and there's just no hope for me. 

   But,  love is...
Strength.  Her conscience spoke to her.  

Love is strength, Regina.