Supernatural

The crowds started filling the seats, there were definitely more people than the girls had expected. Gia scanned the seats, searching for the best spot. Nicole pointed down to the bottom row that was reserved for Media and Press. Gia stood confused as Nicole said, "You're a journalist" and started the walk down the stairs. 

* Gia's Perspective * 

I'm a journalist? I'm a journalist...I'm a journalist!  The thought hit her like a ton of bricks. Nicole wasn't insane... She hadn't been assigned Comic Con as a part of her work portfolio, but maybe the famous newspaper's name would be enough to get an entry pass into the Media and Press section. Nicole had already been talking to the Co-Ordinator when she finally caught up. "Not a problem. Continue on." The woman smiled. "I loved your op-ed on the recycling of 2000's trends, it is always important to remind people of a time that made them happy and you made it so relevant to today's youth." Gia smiled shyly. She had never been fond of being singled out for her works in public. It was a point she had received criticism for often. "Why become a journalist if you're not comfortable with being in the public eye?" was the most common question she was asked. She never became a journalist for fame or recognition, she just felt drawn to the "Why?" as she felt many people were too. People wanted to understand. Gia had thought of an alias for a while but her boss thought it would become confusing on paperwork. Nicole touched her arm softly pulling her back. "There are 2 seats right on the floor, let's go." Gia nodded. She followed Nicole down to the seats and picked up the neatly folded pamphlets on the chair. She let out a soft sigh. She shook off her thoughts as the static drawl of the show's intro song filled the room. 

(End of Gia's Perspective)

The crowds began to clap as the actors Jensen Ackles; Jared Padalecki; Misha Collins and others entered the room. Nicole shot a teasing look at Gia as Jensen made his way onto the stage. Gia blushed and dropped her gaze to her boots making Nicole giggle. The crowd fell silent. "Well, that's awkward" Jensen joked, making the crowd laugh. " I told you not to come! This happens every single time. They don't like you, Misha" Jared teased. Misha acted ashamed and then let out a chuckle. 

The floor was opened to the floor and questions like "What can we expect in the next season?" to "Jensen, would you rather kiss Misha or Jared?" were asked. The actors laughed; danced around the stage and kept the crowd interested and enjoying. Gia half raised her hand and slid deeper into her chair. Nicole raised her eyebrows in surprise and pouted her lips proudly. Jared Padalecki caught Gia's eyes. "The lady dressed like him" he said, gesturing to Jensen Ackles who looked up and followed his colleague's gaze. His lips parted as a breath escaped his mouth. She was beautiful. He let his eyes roll over her soft facial features, the glow of her honey skin. The woman stood up and his heart jumped. Her curly raven hair fell from her shoulder and then she spoke... 

"My name is Gia. I'm a journalist with New York Times." Gia began. "This season we hear you, Jensen, sing for the first time... would you say this is your way of venturing into another industry?" Jensen was stunned. Misha slapped his arm gently and looked at him wide eyed, gesturing with his head towards Gia. "Hm..oh..wh-uh... yes. No! No.. I am very close to Christian Kane.. the other singer... and we figured it would be a new and cool way to bring depth to Dean." He smiled shyly at Gia. Gia felt butterflies and she nodded before taking her seat. Gia pulled her hat over her face as Nicole applauded her loudly and smiled happily. 

* Nicole's Perspective *

I'm proud of Gia Nicole thought. She has never liked public speaking. Nicole had never expected her to ask a question. She hadn't prepared anything. Yay for Gia she thought. Nicole glanced down at her phone and felt her chest tighten. She had been thinking of a million ways to start her conversation with Henry. "Hey, it's Nicole" was way too cliche. It needed to pack a punch, be special. She did not want to fade into the sea of fans and become just another girl Henry met once. She unlocked her phone and started texting... "Next time, write down your number. Not everyone can recall all digits, Henry." She hit send. Start off with a bit of banter, good idea. She brought her palm to her forehead with a soft clap sound. Terrible idea. Nicole locked her phone and let it fall to her lap as she overthought ever single word she had typed. She let out a disappointed sigh and her phone vibrated against her skin. "I was wondering how long it would take you to message me. Hello Nicole." the text read. A smile spread across her lips, and she covered her mouth with her hand. This was really happening, she thought. She adjusted herself in her chair and tried to hide her smile. She handed the phone to Gia who read the messages and silently cheered, and fist pumped the air. 

(End of Nicole's Perspective)

Gia and Jensen kept stealing quiet looks at each other, passing a soft smile and shying away from each other's gazes. The questions continued on for another half an hour before the cast stood and took a bow in front of the crowd. Gia, now flaunting her backstage pass lanyard, pulled Nicole towards the Meet and Greet area. Nicole let out sparatic laughs and staggered sighs as she rolled her eyes. Gia didn't mind that Nicole was in her own cyber world, as long as she was close enough to catch her if she fainted. The actors came through the curtains, beaming widely and waving at the line of fans waiting for their turn to speak to and touch their idols. 

Gia felt like she would spontaneously combust. She adjusted her ruffled sleeves on her shoulder and fluffed her curls. She ran her tongue over her teeth and shook off her nerves. Misha was the first to greet the girls. He was sweet and genuine and offered the girls a hug each and took a goofy selfie before moving on. Jared approached, looming over the girls and greeting them in a booming and strong voice. Gia jumped slightly; she didn't expect him to be so loud. She turned towards Nicole. Nicole was staring up at Jared in shock and bewilderment, her hands reached out and she placed them on his biceps. "You're huge." she said. Gia felt her soul shrivel, like a worm in the sun, inside her body. Jared let out an uncomfortable laugh, he held Nicole's hands in his before removing them from his arms. He raised his eyebrows at Gia who continued to apologize. Gia slapped Nicole on the arm and sharply stated "Really?!" Nicole's cheeks turned rosy. Jensen approached and tripped over his own shoes as he approached the girls. He smiled awkwardly and shook Nicole's hand. He turned to Gia. "I googled you." he said. Gia's mouth fell open. HE googled ME? she thought. She looked visibly stunned. "You said you were a journalist, i wanted to read some of your pieces. You're really good." He smiled at her gently and pushed his hands deeply into his pockets. Gia couldn't speak. Jensen nodded and opened his arms to an embrace, Gia fell into his arms and as she was enclosed in his grip, she felt completely calm. Jensen stepped back. "I'm going to be following your career. Hopefully we meet again soon." Gia nodded and waved towards Jensen as he moved on. She turned to Nicole.

Nicole stared blankly at Gia

Nicole stared blankly at Gia. "I don't even feel bad for my stint anymore...you were way worse." she laughed. Gia rolled her eyes and tuned towards the exit. 

It was definitely snack time.