Simplicity

Gia sipped her coffee, holding the mug tightly in her hands as she snuggled into Chris's arms. Chris placed a soft kiss on her temple. Nicole joined them on the couch, setting Henry's coffee down on the thrifted coffee table.

Gia was in the middle of showcasing her gift to Nicole when Henry joined the group. He stared at the white pug holding a cigarette in one hand and playing cards in the other and pulled his lips up in disgust. "Gia. I love it." Nicole laughed, making Henry's eyes widen in shock as he sipped his coffee, turning to his girlfriend. Gia's eyes thinned as she glared at Henry.

"You. Have zero opinion after what I had to hear this morning, Henry." Gia hissed. Henry furrowed his brows in confusion. "For future reference. I can hear you." She said, turning her attention to Nicole who hid her face behind her painting. Henry threw his hand over his face but couldn't hide his smile. "Ask for forgiveness, not permission, right?" He laughed.

Gia let out a disgusted sigh and turned turned to Chris who was laughing softly beside her

Gia let out a disgusted sigh and turned turned to Chris who was laughing softly beside her. She slapped his chest softly earning a nonchalant "oops" from him.

Gia sighed and retreated to her bedroom

Gia sighed and retreated to her bedroom. "You're all painful." She joked. Henry, Chris and Nicole couldn't help but laugh. Gia sat on her bed and removed her shoes before falling back into her pillows. Her bed felt like it was made of clouds, she felt her body slipping deeper and deeper into the mattress. Her eyes grew heavier and the world got darker. Just for a few minutes she thought.

"Did you get invited to the Oscars this year?" Chris asked Henry. Henry's face twitched as he thought. "I did." He said, his voiced laced with uncertainty. Chris chuckled. "You did or you didn't, there's no maybe" he said. Henry's lips thinned. "I'm certain I did get an invitation...almost certain." He said. Nicole's eyes were shining. She stared at Henry like an excited child. Henry caught her eye and a smile spread across his face. "Is there something you're expecting, my love?" He said, cupping her face in his hands and placing a kiss on her forehead. Nicole tried to hide her guilt. "N-nooo...." She managed, dragging her word for emphasis. "I mean...you probably already have a date so-" she began. "Well, if he's even invited." Chris laughed before climbing off the couch and making his way to Gia's room. "Unlike my friend, I was invited and I do not have a date... yet" he beamed, disappearing through Gia's bedroom door.

Nicole furrowed her brows. "I'm pretty sure I was invited." Henry began "Why wouldn't I be?" He said smugly, pulling his face up in confusion. Nicole shrugged her shoulders as she walked over to where Henry was sitting. She sat on his lap, looping her arms around his neck. His hands slid under her hoodie and rested on her waist, his hands were warm against her skin. He let out a throaty sigh of contentment and looked up at Nicole. "I'd be your date...If you are invited...right" Nicole pleaded. Henry smiled and placed a kiss on her chin. "Always and forever." He said softly.

Gia felt a weight shift on her bed

Gia felt a weight shift on her bed. Without opening her eyes she shuffled into Chris's arms, breathing in his scent as he lay on the pillows beside her. "Hi." He whispered,. placing gentle kisses on her head. "Shh" Gia managed before slipping back into unconsciousness. Chris didn't need convincing, he'd been so busy shooting recently that he hadn't really had the time to slow down and nap. He closed his eyes and relished in the moment, breathing Gia in. He knew Gia didn't want their relationship to be as fast paced as Nicole and Henry, but be knew he was already starting to fall in love with her.

"You don't really love that painting do you?" Henry quipped

"You don't really love that painting do you?" Henry quipped. Nicole glanced at the painting before meeting Henry's eyes, she pressed her forehead to Henry's and gave a slight shake. Henry smiled. "I knew it." He said. "Gia and I have a tradition of "joke" gifts, something that makes sense to the other but isn't necessarily something they'd get themselves or want, I think that's what this was...." She said leaning towards the painting, Henry holding her steady on his lap. Henry furrowed his brows. "I hope so."

Nicole slid off of Henry's lap and made herself comfy in the big cushions on the couch. The evening had since melted into a cold autumn night and the glow of the warm lights in the living room made the whole apartment seem peaceful. She draped her legs over Henry's who smiled lovingly at her. "I'll be here if you need me." Nicole yawned, folding her arms over her chest and closing her eyes. Henry smiled and reached for the novel on the coffee table. Alone on a wide wide sea, Micheal Morpurgo, hmm he repeated in his head. Henry flipped the book open and started to read. Probably some far fetched romance novel. He thought.

Gia opened her eyes, the room dark. She fumbled around for her bedside lamp, letting the amber glow fill the room. Chris stirred and Gia winced, not realizing he had been asleep. "I'm sorry" she said. Chris shook his head gently, opening his arms to her. Gia took her spot on his chest, resting her hand on his heart, she could feel it's steady rhythm. "Did you sleep well?" Chris hummed, running his fingertips across her arm softly. Gia nodded and kissed his cheek. "Did you?" She replied. Chris let out a yawn. "I'll take that as a yes" Gia laughed. "I dreamt about us making our first public appearance at the Oscars." Chris began. "You wore an emerald green dress and no one could look away from you." He said, his eyes shining as he spoke. "Wait...why the Oscars?" Gia asked, visibly confused. "Oh, that's right. You were already asleep." Chris laughed. "We'll talk about it later." He said. Rolling over and flicking the switch behind Gia. "Goodnight." He said softly.