Aftertaste

Henry ran his fingers through Nicole's hair as she lay in his arms, he smiled softly. Nicole furrowed her brows and looked at him confused. "What? have I got something on my face?" Nicole asked, rubbing her hand over her face. Henry shook his head and smiled again. He leaned towards Nicole and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You're making me nervous." Nicole quipped pulling the sheets up over her bare shoulders. Henry opened his mouth to speak before he turned to his phone that buzzed beside the bed. He sat up in bed and brought the phone to his ear. "Sure, I'm on my way. See you shortly, Bye." Henry stated in a tone so foreign to Nicole. He turned to her. "We need to get back to Comicon, my love." Nicole felt her heart jump inside her ribs.... His who?

Henry was already dressed in his Superman suit as the two made their way across town in the back of a tinted window, black SUV. Henry had his hand on Nicole's thigh, she played with her fingers nervously. Henry turned to her, concern etched across his face. "Is something the matter?" He asked softly. Nicole brought her eyes to his. "I am in a car with Henry Cavill and we are about to make a very public statement in being together." Henry chuckled. "Do you not want to make a statement?" Nicole rolled her eyes. "Henry. I'm being serious. We haven't really been speaking the past few hours..." she said, changing her tone to remind him of the past few hours. Henry smirked and ran his thumb over his bottom lip. "Oh, I know" he grinned. "Do you want to be my girlfriend, Nicole?" Nicole looked up at Henry, shock in her eyes. "Of course!" she said. "Then, it's settled. We will drive into the underground parking, no one will see us.. We can talk more about our statement later." 

* Nicole's Perspective

Henry Cavill....is MY boyfriend.... that is insane. It has been a while since Henry left to attend to his 'Hero Duties' as he called it. She had wandered around for a while looking for Gia. Gia stood with Chris at the entrance. Nicole felt her phone vibrate in her hand, it was Gia. "I saw everything, Gia." she said walking up to her friend with a smile plastered across her face. "There wasn't much to see." Gia stated, shifting her feet. Nicole nodded and brushed off the topic, clearly Gia wasn't ready to talk about it. "Okay....Well.." Nicole started wrapping her arm in her best friend's. "I am Henry's girlfriend." Gia stopped in her tracks. "No way..." her mouth hung open. Nicole smiled broadly and nodded. It felt so good to be able to tell someone. 

* End of Nicole's Perspective *

The girls made their way over to Henry, who waved dryly at them and let a small smile spread across his face. "He sure acts like you're dating, doesn't he?" Gia stated sarcastically. Nicole felt a lump tighten in her throat. Maybe he just isn't ready to have the world know...that makes sense. Nicole thought. She waved back gently and made her way to the seats, ready for the interview.

Nicole shifted in her seat and cleared her throat, she tried to act as un-offended as she could, but Gia had always been able to see through her as if she were made of glass

Nicole shifted in her seat and cleared her throat, she tried to act as un-offended as she could, but Gia had always been able to see through her as if she were made of glass. "Nicole, I didn't mean to hurt you with my comment... maybe he's trying to act inconspicuous." Gia said kindly. Nicole nodded and forced a smile. Nicole knew it was the truth. The first question was asked.