Home...not so alone

Gia and Chris stood at the entrance to the apartment building. The air between them had felt heavy and stifling the whole cab ride home. Gia and Chris stared at each other, neither speaking.

Gia extended her hand towards Chris

Gia extended her hand towards Chris. "Goodnight.." Chris opened his arms and tried to hug Gia. The two stood awkwardly. Gia opened her hands to hug Chris. Chris extended his hand to meet hers.

"Ugh. Goodnight Gia!" Chris huffed placing a kiss on her cheek and turning away from her.

Gia stood at the door, stunned. "Hello, Gia. How are you?" An old woman called, behind her. Gia was pulled back to her body. She turned to the voice and caught the door behind the woman. "Hello, Mrs. Stallone. I'm fine, thank you." Gia made her way into the building and up the stairs.

"GIAAAA!!" Nicole yelled, running towards Gia

"GIAAAA!!" Nicole yelled, running towards Gia. She stopped, noticing her best friends face. Nicole furrowed her brows and lowered her arms. She readjusted the towel around her hair and gestured to the couch. "Come." She stated.

Gia sighed, tossing her keys into the bowl on top of the "strategically placed table". She looked at Nicole who sat on the couch with her arms folded. Gia let out a hearty sigh. "Nicole.. I'd really rather not talk about this right now." Nicole rolled her eyes and pursed her lips, a standard facial expression that Gia knew all too well. Nicole was in one of her "protective" moods.

"Fine." Gia sighed. Throwing herself onto the couch besides Nicole. "But first....you tell me about your night with Henry. You were really happy when I got home." Gia said, reaching for a cushion and kicking off her boots. Nicole's face softened. "It was beautiful, Gia. Henry took me on this gorgeous carriage ride through the park and at the end of the night...." Nicole paused.

Gia furrowed her brows dramatically and prompted Nicole on. "What?" She said harshly. Nicole dropped her gaze to her hands. Her hair towel flopped in front of her face and Nicole clicked her tongue and removed the towel from her head. "I think he said I love you, Gia...but I fell asleep and I'm not sure if I dreamt it. What if I confront him about it and look like a fool?" Nicole said flatly.

"Henry is really on a roll isn't he?!" Gia mumbled. "Hmm?" Nicole asked, looking up at Gia innocently. Gia shook off her grumpy attitude and smiled. "Nothing..I don't know, Nicole. Maybe it's best to just talk to him about it. Do you love him?" She asked.