Downtown New York

Nicole waved as she stepped into the cab. Henry adjusted his coat as he sat next to Nicole and turned to her, giving her a sweet smile. Nicole shifted across the seat, scooting in closer to Henry who placed his strong arm around her. He smelled of cedarwood and cinnamon. It was completely intoxicating to Nicole. She closed her eyes breathing him in deeply. Henry rolled a soft curl around his index finger as he watched the New York city pass them by. "What is the surprise, Henry?" Nicole asked, half asleep on Henry. "It won't be a surprise if I told you, my love." He stated, letting out a small sigh. Nicole felt her heart skip. My love, she repeated in her mind. She smiled and ran her fingers across Henry's hand, still in her hair. She kissed it gently. Henry turned towards her and kissed the top of her head as the cab pulled over.

"The park?" Nicole said disappointed

"The park?" Nicole said disappointed. Henry shrugged his shoulders and took her hand in his after thanking the driver. "Henrrry" Nicole whined, making Henry laugh. "Maybe if you waited a little longer.." he said gently. He pulled her hand towards the bridge overlooking the river below.

Nicole sighed

Nicole sighed. Henry stopped on the bridge, turning towards her. "You're beautiful, Nicole." He began. "I know a lot of people think I may have rushed into a relationship with you without fully knowing you, but something about you makes me feel safe and confident in this." He gently brushed a strand of hair from her face. Nicole couldn't find the words to say.. years of failed relationships left her harrowed.. a part of her still thought she would wake up and all of this would have been a dream. "Come." Henry said, turning back towards the park.