Italy - Pasta In Alfredo Sauce

Pasta in Alfredo sauce, if simply pulled down to basics is pasta in white sauce. Despite it's fancy name, the Alfredo sauce is simple to make with few ingredients. It has a comparatively easier flavor profile then the Arrabatia or red sauce.

 It has a comparatively easier flavor profile then the Arrabatia or red sauce

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

1/4th Cup Chopped Capsicum/Bell Peppers

1 Tablespoon Boiled Corn

2 Tablespoon Butter

2 Tablespoon Maida/ All Purpose Flour

1 Cup Milk

1/2 Cup Boiled Pasta

1/2 Teaspoon Grounded Black Pepper

1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes

1 Teaspoon Oregano or Mixed Herbs

Salt per taste

Grated Cheese (Optional)

Procedure:

1. In a pan heat the oil and sauté the capsicum and the corn.

2. Remove the vegetables when done and in the same pan add butter

3. Once the butter melts, add in the flour and on medium flame roast it. Make sure it doesn't burn. We have lightly roast the flour, hence it should change any color.

4. When the flour is roasted well, lower the flame and gradually add in the milk while continuously whisking the mixture with other hand. Make sure no lumps are formed.

5. Make the flame medium and keep stirring until it thickens up a little.

6. Next add in the black pepper powder, chili flakes, oregano and salt.

7. Bring to boil once and then lower the flame and add in the boiled pasta and the vegetables. Cheese is optional. Mix well.

Your Pasta in Alfredo Sauce is ready to serve!

Note:

1. You can add any vegetables of your choice.

2. Grated cheese can be used for garnish too.

3. Traditionally, each pasta type is paired with a particular sauce but since we didn't have the access to different types of pasta, we made do with we had.