Muhammara

Muhammara is a Middle Eastern walnut and roasted red pepper dip that's all sorts of savory, sweet, slightly smoky, and just enough spicy! This muhammara recipe is easy to make and can be served with warm pita as part of a Mezze platter or spread it on your sandwiches.

Ingredients -3 tablespoon olive oil3/4th cup walnuts1/2 cup bell peppers (roasted and skin peeled)1 tablespoon lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon red paprika powder1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes1/4th teaspoon cumin powder1 teaspoon pomegranat...

Ingredients -
3 tablespoon olive oil
3/4th cup walnuts
1/2 cup bell peppers (roasted and skin peeled)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red paprika powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/4th teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
Olive oil and red paprika powder for garnish (Optional)

Procedure -
1. Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add in the walnuts once warm.
2. Keep stirring and cooking the walnuts until lightly brown. Bring off the stove and let it cool.
3. In a blender add in the remaining ingredients (except the garnish) and the toasted walnuts and blend it all together until smooth.
4. Pour into a bowl, make a small well with spoon and drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle little red paprika powder on top.

Note -
1. You can add in pomegranate molasses for an additional sweet flavor.
2. If you wish for the dip to be more soft or liquidity, you can add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Gradually add in more oil oil to get it your preferred consistency.
3. The pomegranate molasses is for the sweetness, so you can skip it if you want or replace it with brown sugar or jaggery.
4. Usually they use red bell peppers to make the dip but since I only had green bell peppers available, I made do with it.