𝐦𝐨𝐦'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

song of the chapter: the long run - eagles

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

cecilia opens her eyes slowly, blinded by the sudden bright light. she rubs her eyes and looks around. right, her mom lost her mind this morning. she hears her mom sigh out.

"ah, no music. i can't believe we forgot to bring tunes" lorelai says. cecilia lets out a small sigh and brings her knees to her chest, looking out at the window next to her.

cecilia honestly couldn't tell you how she felt. she had spent so long trying to not like max, but honestly, she felt bad for the guy. her mom just got up and left, but at the same time, surely her mom had a good reason.

"do you realize that neither of us have the vaguest idea of where we are going?" rory says to her mother, not realizing cecilia is up in the back. cecilia shoots her head toward the direction of her eldest sister with wide eyes.

"wait what? so you're telling me that we have no music and on top of that we have no idea where we are going?" cecilia questions. rory slowly nods her head, same with lorelai. cecilia groans out.

"this road trip sucks" cecilia says quietly. she continues to look out the window, remaining quiet. she knows she needs to call norah and ethan to tell them about her moms freak out and them leaving on a very last minute road trip.

"what is a road trip without tunes?" lorelai exaggerates. cecilia is starting to become very anxious, no one knows where we are and it's so easy to get lost.

"uh roar, the sun is directly behind us" cecilia mentions. rory turns around and looks out the back windshield, her eyes growing wider. she quickly turns around looking at the map.

"i need my tunes! we have never been in this car for any extended period of time without playing ac/dc" lorelai says, ignoring the panic coming from her daughters. cecilia blows out a slow breath and pushes her hair out of her face. she looks around trying to find a least one clue of where they are.

"i have no idea which way it's going" rory mumbles to herself.

"i need my 'highway to hell'" lorelai tells them. cecilia lets out a frustrated groan.

"mom! stop talking about ac/dc!" she yells out.

"then you both stop complaining about our whereabouts!' lorelai groans out. cecilia closes her eyes and leans back into the backseat. sometimes she hated how her mom acted so impulsively. it would end in bad decisions and cecilia and rory would have to deal with the backlash.