𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝

song of the chapter: say yes to heaven - lana del rey

:*:,:*: :*:,:*:

cecilia looks out the window of the diner and sighs. a lot has been going through her mind the past couple weeks. she thinks about the conversation with miles after coming back from the road trip. what makes him think he has the right to come back up to her and talk to her like that?

she also thinks about the conversation she had with norah. should cecilia tell ethan about the kiss her and miles shared? it was before their relationship started, but cecilia couldn't help but feel guilty. she was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of her mothers voice.

"so how are your eggs?" she asks the twins. cecilia turns her head and looks at the pair.

"good"

"rory, you aren't going to be late" cecilia says as she uses her fork to push her food around on the plate. rory looks up and sighs.

"it's the first day of school. i wanna be there early" rory complains to the group. cecilia playfully rolls her eyes.

"we will be there early. i promise" lorelai promises the eldest daughter. suddenly, the doors of the diner are flung open by lane, norah following closely behind. cecilia turns her head and gives her best friend a small smile.

"hey, are you ready to go?" norah asks. cecilia slightly nods. she gets up and grabs her bag and tells everyone goodbye. she walks up to counter to where luke is.

"hello lumberjack" cecilia says as she leans on the counter. luke turns around and rolls his eyes at the youngest twin.

"what do you want? can't you tell we're busy this morning" luke says filling up someones coffee cup.

"wow, i can't even say hello to my favorite person before my first day of school?" she says sarcastically. he sighs and looks at her.

"fine, only one more cup of coffee, but that's it. i'm cutting you off for the day" he tells her as he grabs a to go cup.

"make one for norah" she adds quickly. he lets out a deep sigh and grabs another. after filling the cups up he hands them to her. she smiles and walks to norah and hands her a cup, norah quietly thanks her. they both begin to walk to school.

"all i ask is that this year doesn't have any major changes"

:*:,:*: :*:,:*:

"so how about a party this weekend?" cecilia asks norah as they begin to walk out of the school. norah makes a small groan noise. she moves a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

"i don't feel like going to one. hey, how about you come over to my house this weekend? my dad will be out of town, so we have the house to ourselves" norah suggests. cecilia lets out a small laugh and nods her head in agreement.