𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

song of the chapter: dear reader - taylor swift

a/n: the outfit above is what she wears for the dinner :)

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia sniffles as she packs on more snow for the snowman for this competition. for the first time in  a while her life seems to be normal. her relationship is great, her friendship with norah is growing stronger and jess is picking up his slack at the diner.

"how do you like that mouth?" lorelai asks as she looks at the snowmen. cecilia and rory back away to get a better look. cecilia stares at it with a confused look.

"um, it's not really mouthlike" rory tells her. cecilia nods her head in agreement. lorelai lets out an exaggerated sigh.

"oh, i think it works" she says defended. cecilia lets out a small scoff, she turns to look at her mother.

"ma, it's tilted to the side"

"yeah, no, it's intentional. it gives her a unique expression" lorelai tries to convince them. cecilia rolls her eyes.

"like she had a stroke?" rory asks sarcastically. cecilia lets out a soft laugh at her sisters response.

"fine, i'll just use the mrs. potato head lips" lorelai walks off to get them. cecilia whines in protest.

"no, leave the stroke mouth. it's not like we are gonna win anyways mom" cecilia tells her. lorelai looks over at her daughter with a confused look.

"hey! where's that competitive attitude?"

"it left when i looked over and saw a man with an ice shaver" cecilia points out. lorelai and rory turn their heads, shocked when they see this man's snowman.

"i'm sorry, that snowman is way over the top, way too showy. it's screaming 'i'm incredible, i'm special, look at me.'" lorelai says.

"kind of the point of a snowman-building contest" rory reminds her.

"hmm, i hate this man with every fiber of my being" lorelai playfully scowls. cecilia smiles a little at her mom's attitude.

"he looks nice"

"he's a ringer"

"how do you figure?

"someone recruited him, promised him a handsome sum, financed his theatrical snowman accoutrements, so he could snatch victory away from a deserving local in order to bag the contest prize for himself" lorelai rambles. the twins look at their mother with confusion.