𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞

song of the chapter: highway to the sun - ray lamontagne

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia has still been struggling with the incident that happened a couple days ago. though she is getting better, she does have her moments. jess called cecilia that night and told her about how luke lost his mind and took a sledgehammer to the wall of their apartment. apparently, they are now making the apartment larger. so, cecilia's hours have been cut down.

the group all walks down the street, headed to luke's diner for breakfast. rory has been great to cecilia, helping her bring her spirits up. as well as, her friends. cecilia attempted to dress up today, to make her feel good about herself. they all enter the diner, shocked at the scene in front of them.

"hey" lorelai says as she sweeps her eyes along the mess that was once the diner. luke looks up and sighs.

"hey" luke tells them. cecilia crosses her arms and shakes her head with a slight laugh. she is so happy she doesn't have to work until it's done.

"geez, look at this place" cecilia says

"it's a mess" rory agrees. the three of them go to sit at a table.

"how long -"

"nope can't sit here"

"why not?" lorelai questions, now somewhat annoyed.

"three people got nailed in the head where cecilia is about to sit earlier" luke informs them. cecilia looks at luke with wide eyes.

"but their food was okay, right?" lorelai asks.

"mom!" cecilia whines out.

"will you just move?" luke asks annoyed. suddenly, lorelai's phone begins to ring. luke points at lorelai and the door.

"outside"

"you know, if i sit here one more second, i just might be outside. order me some coffee" lorelai says as she looks at her daughters who nod.

lorelai walks away. next thing cecilia knows, jess walks over to her with a hard hat on and pops an umbrella over her head. cecilia grabs it with a smile and puts it over her and rory.

"oh, you are really funny. you and tom should put an act together. i'd leave it open" luke tells them. cecilia just nods and smirks. cecilia begins to look through the menu. her mom closes the door causing pieces of dry wall to fall on top of them.

"so how do you feel today?" rory asks her sister. cecilia looks up and sighs.

"uh okay, i guess. i just hope school can ease my mind off of this whole ethan situation" cecilia tells rory. rory nods and fidgets with her finger. cecilia looks at her hands, this is something rory does when she is hiding something from her.