𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

song of the chapter: so real - jeff buckley

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia strolls along the aisles of doose's market, trying to find a basket for this dumb basket auction. she looks at the baskets, none really sticking out to her. she sighs and rolls her eyes. suddenly, she feels arms wrap around her. she stands up straight and turns around. she lets out a sigh of relief when she sees a familiar face.

"well, hello angel"

she shoves him off of her with a small smile. he lets out a laugh and leans down to kiss her. she lets go and punches his arm lightly.

"ow!" he whines. cecilia laughs slightly.

"one, that's what you get for sneaking up on me. two, which basket do you want?" she asks him as she turns around to look at the baskets once more. he wraps his arms around her and lets out a hum.

"this one. it has purple string on it and i love purple" he says as he grabs it. cecilia turns with a small smile. he wraps his arms around her as they walk to the check out line. when she walks up, taylor scolds her.

"you know the basket is supposed to be a surprise cecilia, right?" he tells her. she lets out a small 'ah' noise and she turns toward ethan.

"hey, when you see the basket, act surprised" she tells him sarcastically. he looks at her confused and looks at taylor.

"what basket?" he asks. taylor points his finger at him.

"don't start with me young man. i have already warned you about that leather jacket. you are setting a bad example, with your youngster hippie-"

"bye taylor" cecilia says as she grabs ethan's hand and drags him out of the store. they stumble out of the store with a laugh.

"what was he gonna say?"

"you don't wanna know"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

"cecilia! ethan!"

she hears someone yell out her name and she turns her head, confused. when she sees it's norah, she smiles and begins to walk toward her. ethan not far behind her. they all wanted to meet for lunch before the basket bidding tonight. they all pretty much have the same eating habits like the gilmore girls. well, not liz, but hey. she's trying.

"well, hello ms. i paid someone to buy my basket" cecilia jokes as she sits next to her. norah fake laughs and lightly hits cecilia's arm, causing her to laugh harder.