𝐚 𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤 & 𝐚 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲

song of the chapter: godlight by noah kahan

a/n: another long chapter!!!

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia takes a sip of her drink, looking at the empty seat where her grandpa normally sits. she honestly couldn't wait for dinner to be over with, she got to see her boyfriend tonight. ethan had to go out of town shortly after the night of the ball, which he felt horrible about. he didn't want to make cecilia feel used.

"how's the meal?" emily asks, breaking cecilia out of her trance. she gives her grandma a small smile.

"very delicious"

"tasty"

"very tasty. new cook?" lorelai asks her mother. emily lets out a little hum and wipes her mouth before she speaks. cecilia looks up curiously.

"yes, mariscella. she's introduced us to some wonderful dishes so charmingly specific to her native country" emily tells the group with a wide smile.

"really? what country is she from?" cecilia questions.

"one of those little ones next to mexico" emily answers. cecilia snickers at her grandmother's answer, knowing that her grandmother doesn't bother to learn about her staff.

"how charmingly specific" lorelai says sarcastically.

"too bad grandpa's not here. he likes weird food" rory says. cecilia hums in agreement and she brings the fork to her mouth, taking another bite.

"yeah, where's he eating his weird food tonight? argentina? morocco?" lorelai asks as she continues to eat.

"akron"

"ohio?" the twins say at the same time. they both brush it off, still hating when they do that.

"yes" emily tells them. cecilia doesn't hide the confused and shocked look on her face.

"get out of here" lorelai says with a small laugh. emily looks up at her only child shocked at her words.

"i will not get out of here" emily says offended. cecilia sits back amused.

"no mom, i didn't mean really get out of here, i mean-"

"why is grandpa in akron?

"i don't know"

"it was just a saying"

"they sent him to deal with some problem with their local office down there"

"a saying, you know, like 'save me' or 'get me out of here'. things like that"