𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞

song of the chapter: 'tis the damn season - taylor swift

'tis the damn season - taylor swift

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

"how's she doing?" cecilia hears nathan say as he closes the front door. everyone at the party left and it's now just norah, cecilia and nathan at the house.

"i don't know. she isn't talking" norah sighs out. cecilia can't process anything that is happening. how? how is this possible?

"can you blame her, nor?" he tells her. she nods slightly, knowing if she was in this position she wouldn't know what to do with herself.

cecilia takes her sleeve and wipes the stray tear that falls on her face. she lets out a jagged breath. suddenly the sound of someone driving up on gravel makes her head perk up. it was luke and jess, she lets a sigh of relief.

the truck drives up to the front of the house. the pair hurried to get out. cecilia quickly stands up and rushes to luke.

"hey what's-" he starts, but is interrupted by cecilia when she engulfs him a hug. he instantly wraps his arms around the girl, comforting her. jess furrows his eyebrows, he turns to look at nathan and norah. he walks up to them quickly.

"what the hell happened tonight?" he asks them quietly, not wanting to cecilia to get more upset. nathan turns his head towards his girlfriend, wanting her to tell him.

"uh, miles got really drunk tonight and ethan came to the party even though we told him not too" she starts, she rubs her hands on her thighs.

"well then, miles and ethan got into a fight and uh- miles told cecilia that liz has been paying ethan to date her" she finishes. a look of anger overcomes jess's face. he turns his head to look at the girl, still sobbing in his uncles arms.

"how long has-" jess starts

"jess let's go. lorelai is waiting for her to get home" luke calls out. jess sighs and walks towards the girl, he gives her a sad smile and he hugs her. she lets out a jagged breath.

"let's get you home, okay" he softly says. they let go and she nods her head. they all get inside of the truck, cecilia sitting in the middle of jess and luke.

music softly plays in the background, cecilia stares at the road. luke and jess don't dare to speak, both not good at comforting people who are upset. her eyes droop, suddenly growing tired. she leans her head on jess and falls asleep.

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

lorelai and rory wait on the front porch for cecilia. during the car ride, jess told luke what happened and luke instantly became mad. he wanted to do whatever it took to protect the girl who he loved like a daughter.