𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐞

song of the chapter: high and dry - radiohead

a/n: long chapter!

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia blows the loose hair out of her face as she leans on the counter, bored. it was dead in the diner, not a single person in there. cecilia was still upset after her fight with her mother, she honestly just didn't want to hear her mother nag about jess anymore.

"oh my god" she hears her mom say, bringing her out of her daze. cecilia sits up straight and looks at her mom and sister entering the diner.

"what?" rory asks her

"empty" lorelai says to her. cecilia laughs and grabs coffee mugs, so she can give them coffee.

"just one of those weird lulls, happens occasionally" luke says as he walks out of the back.

"ugh" lorelai says stunned.

"can we sit wherever we like?" rory asks luke. he nods his head.

"wherever you like" cecilia tells them.

"wow"

"such luxury i never dreamed of" lorelai thinks out loud. cecilia looks at her confused.

"i wouldn't consider it a luxury, but whatever floats your boat" cecilia mumbles. rory turns to look at her mom.

"where do you wanna sit?" rory asks her.

"i don't know. um, how bout this table with it's unobstructed westward view of the wide cosmopolitan expansive klump street?" lorelai suggests. rory lets out a hum.

"tempting. do you know that on a clear day you can see all the way to the garbage cans behind al's pancake world?" rory suggests. cecilia lets out a small smile and laughs at her mom and sister's conversation.

"hm. or we could sit in the corner - you know, the mafia table so that no one can come up behind you and whack you with a cannoli" lorelai tell her

"whack you with a cannoli?" rory questions

"because he left the gun and took the cannoli, rory" cecilia scoffs out. lorelai turns with a smile.

"you're so my daughter" she says. cecilia gives her a smile.

"aye aye aye" luke says. lorelai points at the counter.

"hey, let's sit at the counter" lorelai suggests. rory shakes her head

"nah, the counter, those are not the power seats" rory tells her mom

"yes, but with no one here we can sit at either end and play bagel hockey"

"oh, bagel hockey! oh boy!"

"wait i wanna play!"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :