Six

*Clay's POV*
Where can it be! I say to myself as I started to get agitated which causes me to whine. I was gonna continue on my search but that's when I sniff the air and found out that I wasn't alone.

There was someone else near by. I quickly crouch down and start to go towards the smell of the person. I will say they smelled pretty sweet, like coconut and vanilla.

But when I was walking towards them the floor disappeared from under me but I saved myself from falling in. And that when I see them.

It was a brunet boy leaning against a tree stump reading a book while twirling a flower in between his pointer finger and thumb in one of his hands. But when I was about to put my paw back on the stable ground I ended up stepping on a twig which breaks the peaceful silence. The brunet quickly looks around frantically.

TW mature language
Shit, I hope he doesn't see me The boy continued to look around. "Hello?", the boy says aloud. His accent causes my ears to perk up, he then started to look where I was to which  I start to crouch down even more to stay hidden.

He had fluffy looking chocolate brown hair and was dressed in a comfortable attire. Have I seen him before? He looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it The boy then went back to his book. I wanted to take a closer look at the boy so I stick my head out from the bushes.

I know this is a risk of the boy seeing me but he seemed to be occupied by his book. I slowly start to come out of the bushes and being careful to not step on anymore twigs. I walk down along the pit while keeping my eye on the boy but then that's when he suddenly looked up from his book and turned his head and he saw me.

He gasped out loud and starts to back away from me Oh shit "Please don't hurt me!", he says with his voice shaking. "What do you want!?", he yells nervously. My eyes widened It him! That boy George that Aiden is always bothering! I start to walk towards him with my head down low to show him that I wasn't going to hurt him.

"S-stay away!", he says as he swings his hand towards me. No no I'm not gonna hurt you! I continued to walk while he continues to back away from me until his back hits against the side of the pit while he bringing his legs close to his chest.

Poor George was shaking endlessly when I approached even closer. I have to show him that I won't hurt him So when I was about a few inches away from him I leaned my head down and started to sniff his knees then made my way up to his face.

I could hear George's breathe start to hitch. I sniff his hair and my god did it smell so sweet it just  made me want to dig my nose further into his hair as I took in his sweet scent. I moved back down to his face. He then looked away from me with his eyes shut tight and muscles tensed.

I hover my nose over his cheek that was exposed to me and gave it a quick sniff. Then I licked him which causes him to open his eyes and look at me in shock. I to was shocked with my actions. He then furrows his brows and stares at me for a moment "Wait.. I remember you!", he says.

I back up and sat down I don't remember seeing you? At least not in this form I tilted my head to show him my confusion. "Um this might be weird to say but.. I think I saw you in my dream the night before", he explains which cause me to tilt my head the other way.

He then chuckles "I think I'm going crazy, I'm literally talking to a wolf as if it can understand me", He finishes with a sigh as he looked to the side. I then do a light bark which makes him to turn his head quickly to look at me.

"Wait, do you understand me?", I nod in response. His expression was priceless. "Do you have a name? Are you alone? What are you doing here?", he says as he floods me with questions. But I whine in repose because it not like I could answer them anyway.

"Oh right, well at least you can understand me", he begins to say "how about I give you a name", I nod again. I wouldn't mind if he gives me a name he will at least be able to call me something.

"Hmm how about, Sparky?", I fold my ears back in amusement. Seriously "Alright Alright, hmm", I waited patiently for him and that's when I see his face light up with an idea "I know! How about Dream I mean you look exactly like the wolf from my dream", I give it a quick thought but then nod my head.

"Well then Dream it is", I then look next to him which there laid the book he was reading moments before. He notices my stare and picks it up "This is the book I've been reading, and I usually come here to read it or I would come here to just chill", he held the book up to me and I look at the cover.

It was covered in orange flowers and the title said something about flowers being in 1970. I couldn't really see it because he placed the book back down before I could finish reading it.

He sighs "Well my day got a whole lot interesting, for once", he says as he laughs slightly to himself. I tilt my head once more and it causes him to chuckle and stare at me for a moment"You're cute", he says softly which catches me off guard but then all of sudden I feel my tail start to wag.

I look back at it confused and embarrassed. "Aww that's even cuter!", my tail wags more. I start to nip at it, this thing is gonna be the end of me it really does have a mind of its own. "No need to be embarrassed, I for one think it's cute", he reassures me.

He then starts reaching a hand out to me and I sniff it and lean my head against it. He starts to scratch my head but then he made his way to a spot behind my ear that I could never reach and began scratching it.

It felt so good that I started thumbing one of my hind legs against the floor which makes him laugh. He then makes his way down my back and I lay down on my side. But then I fully lay on my back and he ends up getting the hint so he starts rubbing and scratching my belly.

My leg still continued to thump happily while my tag wagged like crazy. What was happening to my body? It was like I had no control over it. But then suddenly I hear something. I quickly sit up with my ears pointed straight up which causes George flinch to the sudden moment. "What is it?", but before he could finish his sentence I ran back into the bushes.

A middle aged woman then comes into view "Mum?", George says as he stands up. "I wanted to ask you if you want to eat", his mom says. "Mum what are you doing you should be resting!"
"Please it gonna take more then a little flu to keep me down", She says as she puts his hands on her hips.

"Still Mum I don't want you to get even more sick, come on start heading back inside I'll catch up with you I just need to get my stuff" "Fine", she says. George then makes sure that she was out of view and walked over to where I hid "Dream?", it felt odd to respond to the name but I'm gonna have to get used to it.

I walk out of the bushes and stand in front of him, I could see his eyes widen to my height. When I'm in this form my height is about 6 feet which isn't much different from my actual height.

"Woah", was all he could say but then he shakes his head "Anyways I got to go, will you be here tomorrow? Around the same time", I nod.

"Okay good, my name is George by the way I thought you would like to know", I nod once more. Then he suddenly comes up to me slowly and hugs me. I bring my head close to him as if I was hugging him back.

He backs away and picks up his book but also picks up the flower that he had when I first saw him. It was a dandelion. "Here I want you to have this", He tells me as he held his hand out where the flower sat on his palm.

I look down at it then back at him and he nods so I carefully pick the flower from its stem. Good thing he cut it long enough for me to hold it without damaging the actual flower. "Goodbye Dream", he say as he starts backing away and this time I willing wag my tail slightly.

He eventually does turned around and actually starts waking away. I stood there for a moment, taking in everything that had happened but then I jumped out of the pit and started heading home.

I hoped over the fence and make my way over to the door. I drop the flower on the ground then shifted. I quickly picked it back up and just stared at it as I glided my thumb on the small pedals. What have I gotten myself into.
___________________________________
1689 words