Eight

*George's POV* (Time skip to Monday)
Here we go again I say to myself while I stared at the ceiling. Yesterday it was fun hanging out with Dream. I told him a few things about myself but it was just the classic ice breaker questions.

I even asked Dream what his favorite color was if he even did have one. And turns out he does! When I asked him he walked over to a bush and started pawing at it so I took it as a hint that he liked the color green.

I take a shirt out of my dresser along with some ripped light blue pants. Once I was done getting ready I reached down to get my book bag but then that's when I see the necklace out of the corner of my eye.

Hmm I then pick it up and put it on Pretty I swing my bag on my shoulder and headed to the front door.

As I was getting my textbooks from my locker I heard someone call my name. It was Nick "Hi Nicky", I tell him which makes him put a hand on his chest.

"Aw hello my little snookums", I cringe to the name "Ew don't ever say that again", we both start to laugh but when Nick was about to say something his expression changed.

"What?", I ask him "W-where did you find that", he says as he points at my chest. I look down and see the necklace. I pick up the chain enough for him to see the charm "Oh this? I found it on the ground when I was walking home"

"Dude that's Clay's!", he hushed "Clay has been so bummed ever since he lost it", So that's why he wasn't himself!

Nick quickly looks around and lean towards me "Look you gotta give it back to him pronto because.. his mom gave him that before she left and he hasn't seen her for years after that", he tells me. My eyes widened, I quickly shoved my books towards Nick which almost causes him to drop them.

I take the necklace off in one swift motion. "Relax dude it's not like it's infected", he says

"But it's disrespectful of me for wearing it! Especially something this important", the bell then rings "I'll give it to him now", I tell Nick as I take back my books. He gives me a nod and I began to go to class.

I sat anxiously in my seat Come on, where is he? As soon as I said that he walked in the room. I quickly get up out of my seat and made my way over to him. Suddenly my palms started to get sweaty Relax George, you're just gonna give him back his necklace

I then hesitantly tap his shoulder. He slowly turns to me as well as Aiden "Um.. can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Go away George", I hear Aiden say next to me but I completely ignore him and waited patiently for Clay to answer. He nods and begins standing up "Clay what are you doing?", Aiden asks as I lead Clay outside the room.

He then closes the door behind us "Did you need something?", he asked kindly. "Um no, actually I wanted to give this to you", I say as I held my hand out with the necklace hanging from it.

His expression changed in a instant. "W-where did you"

"I found it while I was walking home", I tell him as I carefully placed it in his hand. He looks at it for a moment then suddenly brings me into a embrace.

I froze in place.

Oh. My. God.

I realized I haven't hugged him back so I did. "Thank you so much, thank you", he repeated softly. I smile and close my eyes I wish we could stay like this forever We do stay like this for a moment longer but then he clears his throat and lets go.