Thirty-Three

*George's POV*
I decided to stay over at Clay's that night.

I didn't want to leave him.

Not yet.

We held onto one another the whole night. Clay tried his best to get me to stop crying.

But I wouldn't...

I couldn't stop.

He tried to kiss me to make me feel better because he knew it always does but to be honest it only made my crying worse.

It was only reminding me what I would be missing.

Now that I think about his dad was probably listening to that all night, my cries. But hey he should cut me some slack.

My throat was burning so much it felt like I couldn't even breathe. As I struggled I would let out a series of hiccups. My face was beginning to get irritated by the amount of times I tried to rub away the tears.

TW mature language
Hell, I couldn't even see properly with my tears blurring my vision.

It was late and we had school tomorrow but it didn't even matter.

It's not like we were going anyway.

I wake to the sound of movement around me. I open my eyes slowly and see Clay shoving all of his things into a rather large bag. He notices me in the corner of his eye.

"Sorry if I woke you up, my dad wanted me to pack... as soon as I woke up in the morning", he tells me.

"It's okay", I say with a raspy voice, sitting up and rubbing my red swollen eyes.

"I'm gonna miss this room", He quietly admits to himself.

"That's a very interesting bag you got", I say with a slight chuckle. "Well you'll see why", He says in return.

"Can you do me a favor?", He suddenly asks.

I nod.

"Can you call Nick over, I want to say goodbye to him before I leave", He says softly. "Okay", I say. I then pull out my phone and call him.

Nick makes it to the house a few minutes later. As Clay packed we all talked and joked around. But there were moments where we would stop laughing and we would just look at each other with a slight frown knowing that this will probably be the last time we would hang out, all three of us together but we'd just get back to our conversation.

But all good things must come to an end eventually. Clay's dad then walks into the room. "Come on Clay, it's time", He states.

No no not yet!

Time was going too fast.

"Yes dad", Clay says as he grabs his backpack along with his guitar. We then make our way out to the backyard.

*No one's POV*
But just before they were about to walk out the door Clay calls George back into the living room.

When George gets there he sees Clay sitting on the couch with his green guitar in hand. "Had to keep my promise", He says with a smile.

"What are you gonna play?", George asks sitting down next to him, also smiling. "Sparks by Coldplay", George nods as Clay takes out a orange pick from his pocket, also plugging his guitar in.

He strums the first few notes.

But out of nowhere Clay sings the first part of the lyrics which surprises the brunette.