Twenty

*George's POV*
I quickly rush out of my final class, making my way to the front of the school.

I see Clay walking through the parking lot. I sprint my way over to him. "Clay!", I called out. He then turns around. "Hi George, is something wrong?", he softly says to me.

"No I'm fine I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house today"

"Sure! Are we gonna work on the project?"

"Uh no I was actually thinking we could do like a little picnic date at my spot, you haven't seen it yet", I explained.

"A date?", he says. I blush, realizing what I had said. "I-I mean it's doesn't have to be a date! It could just be a little hang out!", I exclaim.

He lets out a light laugh as he grabs hold of my hand. He looks around then brings my hand up to his face.

"I'm just messing with you. Yes I would love to go on this little date with you", he says as he lightly presses his lips against my knuckles.

I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Come on", he tells me as we begin to walk through the parking lot, still holding hands.

We arrive at my front door step. He let's go of my hand, allowing me to get my keys to open the door. We walk inside as he closes the door behind us.

We walk into the living room. "Wait here I'll go get the stuff", I excused myself. He nods as he places his bag on the couch then taking a seat next to it. I then quickly make my way up the stairs.

I place my bag next to my bed as I entered. I open my closet taking out the picnic basket. I go into the hallway to get a familiar red plaid blanket. But then I remember something.

Dream.

I wonder what he's up to, hope he's not missing me too much.

I walk back downstairs, going to the kitchen. I open the fridge taking a certain object. I place it into basket then get two wine glasses from one of the cabinets.

I then walk back into the living room. "Okay I'm ready but can you take this though", I say. He quickly gets up and takes the blanket from me. "It's not that far", I tell him.

We walk into my little sanctuary. I see Clay look around at the place. "This is nice", he says. "Yeah I usually come here to read or to just hang around in the forest"

"Mind extending that out for us?", I ask him. To which he nods.

*Clay's POV*
"How did you find this place?", I ask.

"I was just wondering around when I stumbled upon it. I liked the vibe the place gave off so I started to come here almost everyday to read", he explains.

I can finally ask him the questions I wanted to back when I was with him as Dream. We can actually have a conversation now.

I finish extending the blanket out and we both take a seat on it. The brunette then began to dig around in the basket as he took out two wine glasses.

I look at him confused "George, I don't drink", I tell him. "We're not gonna use these for drinking idiot", he says.

Still being confused he hands me one of the glasses. Then he takes out two spoons, handing one to me. He finally takes out the main dish. He places it in between us.

It was a chocolate cake with pink icing and big strawberries circling the top.

He takes off the plastic lid as he sets it off to the side. "Why do we need wine glasses?", I ask still genuinely confused. "You use it to cut the cake silly", he says as he demonstrates.