Twenty-Eight

I was making my way way to the cafeteria before I stopped in my tracks.

I should go see if I can find Karl in the library.

Even if we tell Karl that we're okay with him hanging out with us during lunch, he's still pretty hesitant on the idea.

I get to a door that had the word library on the side and walk in. And of course it was quiet. I would come here sometimes to check out books but I usually prefer buying my own.

The Liberian gives me a kind welcoming as I walked in. I begin to stroll up and down the aisles of books. I  then find myself in the middle of the library where they kept all the tables they had out for students.

There were a few there who were either talking or working on something but then that's when I see Karl in the corner with his headphones in along with a book in hand.

"Hey Karl", I say quietly as I sit down next to him. "Oh hey George!", he says as he takes out his earbuds, shutting his book close and placing it on the table.

"What are you doing here?", he asks. "I just wanted to see what you were up to"

"Where's Nick and Clay?"

"They're probably in the cafeteria or something. What are you reading?"

"Oh just a story about a prince and a guard"

"Mind if I look?"

"Go ahead", he says kindly. I reach for the book and flip it over, reading the description. "Ah so it's like forbidden love"

"Yeah"

Hm forbidden love.

It can involve two people who are madly in love with each other but are forced apart either by families, culture, geographical distance, or other factors.

The trope can also be known as "Star-Crossed lovers", it is just doomed to end in a tragedy.

Are me and Clay star-crossed lovers?

Clay's a werewolf and my dad is a hunter for Pete's sake.

We're forbidden to be together.

And now we are being forced to part our ways.

"George?", I blink. I look up to see Karl giving me a questioning look. "Yeah?"

"I asked you if you also liked to read books but then you like froze up, is something wrong", he asks. "Oh sorry it's just.."

I never really told anyone I felt.

It be nice to at least to tell someone.

"It's just that Clay is moving away in a few days for...personal reasons", I say. "Aw man really? That sucks"

"Yeahh and I'm not sure I'll be...ready when it happens"

"I mean you can always try long distance", I bite the inside of my cheek to his words. "The thing is..I wouldn't be able to contact him after he leaves." "How come?"

"He's...I...I'm not allowed to be in a relationship with him. My parents don't want me to be in one in general", I lie.

"Wait so that means when he leaves you guys are gonna.."

"We're gonna break up", I say apathetically as I look down at the book in my hands. "O-oh..I'm so sorry George"

"It's fine..we're just..forbidden to be together. Star-crossed lovers if you will", I chuckle.