Thirty-One

I wake up in a cold sweat.

I sit up as I held on tightly to myself.

Stupid nightmares.

I look over to see Clay sleeping with his back facing me. Once I managed to calm myself I go to lay back down. I tossed and turned just waiting to find sleep again but couldn't.

Clay suddenly turns over to face me. "What's wrong baby?", he softly says. "Nothing, I just can't go back to sleep and I feel hot", I admit. "Sorry for waking you", I added.

"It's fine. And if you're hot then just take off the covers"

"But I still want them over me"

"Then...take your shirt off. If you're comfortable with that of course", he whispers.

I think for a moment. I sit up as I slowly slipped of my shirt, tossing it somewhere in the room. I lay  back down, pulling the covers over me already feeling a lot more cooler.

"Can I hold you?", I hear Clay ask quietly. "Y-yeah", I go to wrap my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. I will admit it felt odd to feel our bare skin touching but at the same time it felt nice.

I feel Clay gently press his lips against my hair as I snuggled closer to him, smiling to the sense of security I felt in that moment.

*Clay's POV*
I groan to the sound of a phone buzzing. I slowly open my eyes and see that George's phone was lit up as it buzzed. I reach a hand over and pick it up to look at the screen.

Nickypoo 🐼💩 calling..

I scoff to the name but swipe up on the green call button. "George! Finally where were you?", Nick exclaims over the phone.

"It's me Nick", I say as I tiredly pinch my nose bridge.

"Clay? You know what I'm not even surprised. Anyway where are you guys? I've been spamming you"

"We're at a hotel"

"H-hotel? Well at least you guys had fun", he teased.

"We didn't do anything geez"

"Then why are you guys in a hotel?"

"Because the rooms come with a private pool"

"Damn Clay, in the pool?"

"Nick for the last time we didn't do anything"

"Suree what hotel are you guys staying in?"

"The *insert name* hotel?"

"And what's your room number"

"404 why are you asking this?"

"No reasonn. See you in a bit!"

"What-", but Nick hangs up before I can even reply. I just rolled my eyes as I placed George's phone back on the nightstand, going back to sleep.

"Clayy!", I hear someone say as they poked my cheek. I slowly open my eyes. "N-Nick? How did you get in here!?", I say in a hushed yell.

"I asked the lady in the front to give me an extra key", he says as he held up the card to show me.

"And she just gave it to you?"

"That's besides the point where's George?", he asked as he looked around. I sighed as I snaked my arm out from under the covers.

I slowly lift the sheets, revealing a sleeping George snuggled up against me. "Jesus Christ.. I swear you guys are attached to the hip", I gently place the covers down but just below George's neck.