Nine

Tyler's been acting weird. Ever since Christmas, it's like he's pushing me away.
I mean it is what I want and stuff but it still stings.
I guess it's for the best anyway.
'You ready Neika?' Cale asks poking his head into my door.
'Yeah' I nod and walk out. I was wearing my black club tank top with my dark blue jeans and my black boots. I also put my leather half jacket on so I'm not freezing tonight.
It's New years eve and I'm a little nervous. I don't know why but my nerves are jumping.
'Do you ever dress up?' He asks me.
'Would you like me to go put a dress on?' I scoff.
'Actually, yes' he nods. 'Id be worried about guys feeling you up and stuff but I know you can handle yourself'
'What do I get out of wearing a dress?' I ask.
'50 bux' he says holding his hand out. I smile and shake his hand before running back to my room.
I find my red dress that hugs my torso and flares off my hips to mid thigh. I've worn it once and that was for a wedding I attended with Talia.
Deciding to do something with my hair, I pin half of it back and then spray some perfume.
I nod and leave after slipping my black pumps on.
'Maybe I regret putting you in a dress' Cale frowns. 'You're wearing under wear right?'
'Cale' I scold. 'Let's just get put of here'
Mom had already gone with Daisy and Holly so I had to get a ride with Cale.
I'm just glad the ride won't be long because it's freezing our here.
Once Cale is on his bike, I climb on behind and hug him from behind. He roars it to life and we're off.
By god its fucking cold on the back of here. I bury my head in my brothers back and feel the rumble of a chuckle.
Asshole.
When we get there I feel like a popsicle. 'Thanks Cale' I kiss his cheek and wonder inside.
'Oh baby you look amazing' Grandma comments as soon as I step foot in the door.
'Thanks grandma' I grin kissing her cheek. 'We haven't really spoken much the last few weeks, how have you been?' I ask.
'Just running the restaurant these days, don't have a lot of spare time anymore' she replies. 'How about you Aneika?'
'Nothing really, just trying to get my car up and running and doing school work'
'I hear your grades have improved' she smiles. I nod my head.
'I'll have A+ on my report by end of year' I grin. 'And I've only missed one day of school in the last two or three months which is a record, I used to get one day a week at least'
'Is my rebel grand daughter turning into a good girl?' Grandma laughs.
'No way, I'm still bad ass' I laugh. 'But I want to finish this car and i want to graduate high school. I'm thinking maybe take a gap year off college. I've got applications at home I just haven't spoken to Mom or Dad'
'it's not their choice sweet heart, you want to go to college then go for it, don't let this club hold you back like it did your father. He dropped out of high school a 16 because the club was more important and your mother missed out on a perfect opportunity to be an amazing lawyer but she chose this club too. Don't make the same mistake baby girl'
'Really? Mom could have been a lawyer?' I ask.
'She was good at it too, she got Phalipo off the hook and he was caught red handed with drugs and cash'
'Wow' I breathe. Maybe that's what I want to do. Maybe I should be a lawyer like Mom.
Phalipo is dad's drug dealer kind of thing. Has been for 20 years now and i actually like him, he's a pretty cool guy.
'I gotta get back in the kitchen, I seen Toby and Talia over by the bar' I nod and she leaves so I make my way over to my friends.
'Oh my fucking god' Talia squeals 'Aneika Greyson is in a fucking dress' she all but yells.
'Shh, stop being dramatic, it's not a big deal besides I got paid to wear it' I shrug.
'Who paid you to wear a dress?' Toby asks.
'Cale' I smile. 'He knows I can handle myself'
'Wow, never thought your brothers would ever pay you to wear something that showed off half your legs' Talia laughs. I sit down between the two and we spin around on our chairs to see the party in full swing.
'Doesn't it get old?' Toby wonders.
'What?' I frown.
'This, the parties, top less women' he gestures to the place.
'Nope, it's just how we live' I reply. It's not a good way to live but it's all I've known.
I was born into the club, I've never had a different life but maybe I want to.
Maybe I want to see what a normal life is like. I'd never abandon the club but maybe I could go to college.
'You're getting eye fucked' Talia nudges me. I don't need to ask, I look up and there's Tyler leaning against the wall, a beer in hand and my brother talking to him beside him.
I wink and turn in my chair so he can't perve. 'Holly, can I get a drink please' I plead, seeing her down the bar a bit.
'Of course you can my beautiful neice' she grabs a Jack Daniels from the fridge and slides it down to me.
'Thank you my favourite Aunty' I grin.
'Only aunty' she laughs. I just shrug.
'I thought you and Tyler hated each other' Toby says and Talia agrees.
'We did but now we're friend I guess' I haven't even told them my friends about how I feel about him.
'Doesn't look like friends' Talia scoffs $ looks like more to me'
'it's not, we're just friends' I tell her because it's the truth.
'Who's your new years kiss?' She asks me.
'I don't know, I'll probably just pick some poor random guy' I shrug.
Through out the night I walk around and mingle and my father made a point of not liking me in a dress but I shrugged him off.
It was fifteen minutes until the new year and a fight is breaking loose.
'Fuck sake' can't have a decent party without something going wrong.
I push myself to the front of the crowd and i see Tyler laying into some guy.
Shit.
'Tyler' I yell but he can't hear me over the shouting and cheering. I see Butch and Rico coming this way so I be brave and i step forward.
'Tyler' I yell again grabbing his shoulder. He turns and swings but I duck. 'Woah, dick head, it's me' I snap.
'Shit, I'm sorry Neik' he says. His hands are bloodied so I pull him away.
'What the fuck is going on?' Rico asks.
'Nothing, I'm going to clean Tyler up, you deal with the other guy' I say
I drag Tyler to the kitchen and wash his hands under the sink.
'What was it about?' I ask him.
'Doesn't matter, if it wasn't me hitting him then Brodi would have' he responds. He won't look at me and i don't like it.
'What did her say about me?' I question. 'You wont look at me Ty, I know it was about me'
'He said said a few rude comments of what he wanted to do with you' he looks away again as I dry his hands.
His knuckles are busted but the bleeding has stopped.
'I guess I don't want to hear it?' I ask.
'Nope' he takes my hand and we head back out there as the count down begins.
'There's Talia and Toby' I tell him, dragging him over to my friends.
'6..' people shout.
'5..' I look at Tyler and he's looking down at me.
'4..' I knew then that he was going to be my new years kiss.
'3...' and i didn't care.
'2...' Id rather Tyler than a stranger.
'1..' Tyler smiles. 'Fuck it' he says before he's bringing me closer to him and his lips are on mine.
'Happy new year' people shout but I'm not caring.
Tyler's hands grip my hips pulling me impossibly closer while mine fist into his hair.
Even with my pumps, I have to stand on my toes to kiss him.
Tyler runs his tongue are long my lips are long nd I open gladly for him. He massages my tongue with his and i moan a little.
This is how I entered the new year. Making out with Tyler, wrapped in his arms.