Nineteen

There was a beeping sound. I was stiff and sore. I think I was getting sick because my throat was sore.
'Honey, her eyes fluttered' it was mom and she was crying.
Why is she crying? I try to open my eyes but the light hurt me.
'Nurse' dads voice was panicked.
Nurse? Am I in hospital?
I tried to remember what was going on and what happened but the last thing I remember was getting to the store to buy diapers. Did something happen at the grocery store?
Finally, my eyes open.
Mom was sitting beside my bad, she was holding one of my hands and crying.
'What-' I couldn't speak, my throat hurt.
'Here baby' mom lifted a drink to me and out the straw in my mouth. I drank the whole cup anf sighed in relief.
'What happened?' I ask.
'You were in an accident' she tells me.  I got worried when you weren't back after half hour, I called but you never answered and I felt like something was wrong so I called Dad and the road was closed off, my car was upside down and it was so mangled he thought there was no hope but then he seen you being put an ambulance.. ' she sobs now.
'An accident?' I frown.
'What do you remember?' I look to the nurse who was now in the room with a clip board.
'I was at the store getting diapers and then nothing'
'Can you tell me who you were getting the diapers for?'
'My sister,  Daisy' gasps fill the room and grandma comes in.
I frown when I see her holding two baby carriers and a little girl beside her.
'What year is it?' The nurse asks.
'Its 2015' I say 'But Daisy was born in 2010, that can't be right' I mutter.
'What's happening?' Mom asks.
'She's having memory loss but its randomised, she knows the year but she's forgotten things suck as your twins'
'Twins?' I ask and look back to grandma.
'Yes baby, you helped me deliver them, at home,  dont you remember?' She asks me.
I shake me head. I dont remember that. How could I not remember that.
'What about Tyler?  Do you remember him and what you told me before you went to the store?' I close my eyed and try to get the memory.
I vaguely remember Tyler and I fighting in my room because I was going to college and I loved him. I remember leaving him in my bed and going for a shower and he was gone'
'Kind of' I reply. 'I remember him, I love him' I nod.
'Can you get ne a coffee honey?' Mom asks dad. He sighs and nods, saving the room.
'Baby, do you remember having sex with him?'
I gasp. 'No' I shake my head. 'I remember fighting and he was in my bed when I had a shower but gone when I got out'
'It seems she's forgetting the most important memory to her. The things that made her truely happy'
'Will I get them back?' I ask.
'There's non telling' she shrugs. 'We can do exercises and try to help you remember them but most likely you won't get them back until youre ready'
'Is he here?' I ask mom.
'Yeah, he hasn't left the hospital' mom says.
'Do you want me to get him?' Grandma asks.
'I think I want to sleep' I say. Mom and grandma kiss my head and then silently leave. The nurse does a few things on her clipboard and she leaves too.
Tyler and I slept together and he left? I was hurt.
I looked at the time on the clock and seen it was 10 in the morning sonwith a sigh,  I lay there and I try to remember. School. I know I'm graduating soon and going to college but I dont know where.
All the good memories were gone. Like the nurse said.

*****
It was hours before I let anyone come see me. I wasn't seriously hurt, just a concussion and broken wrist but it would heal, no one knows if my memory will.
I could hear Tyler hitting things and security being called when I said I didnt want to see him.
I was scared. I know he didnt feel the same and he got to have the memory of us together and I dont. It wasn't fair.
Mom and Holly went through some good times and some of then I did remember the others they had to tell me about.
Mom and Holly showed me videos of me doing crazy things, some was when I was drunk and I remember new years and even the kiss with Tyler but everything else is blank. I dont have any memories of Tyler and I. Not really and they weren't awesome ones either.
I remember waking up on him in a car and that was the best memory, the rest was us fighting.
I finally did meet my brother and sister again and they were beautiful.
It was late by the time everyone left and I was just about asleep when someone came in.
I thought it was a burse but it wasn't. It was Tyler.
'I needed to see you were alright' he tells me.
'I'm fine' I tell him. Oh and I had been asleep for almost three days too.
'I heard about your memory loss' he says softly. 'Do you remember..?'
I frown and realise what he was asking.  I shake my head. 'Mom told me, apparently I told her about it' this was awkward.
'Oh' he looked disappointed. I wasn't sure what to say to that so I didnt say anything. 'How's your wrist?' He asks me.
'Fine' I say. He nods.
'Do you remember Vvegas?' He asks.
I sigh and nod. I remember waking up married to Tyler but I dont know if we divorced or not.
'Did we divorce?' I ask. He shakes his head 'so we're still married?' He nods.
'You didnt want to divorce, didnt want it on your history when you're do young'
Its something I'd say so I nod, believing him.
'We're not together though?' I ask.
'No' he shakes his head 'you're moving to college to get away from me actually'
'I know' I nod 'I remember all that'
'I'll let you get some sleep but I hope your memory heals' he says softly before kissing my head and leaving.
Once the door clicks shut,  I cry.
I dont cry. But I did tonight.
I cried for many things and I didnt care.