𝐓𝐖𝐎: Informal Introductions

⏜⌒  .       𖤐       .  ⌒⏜

'DREAMS AND REALITY.'

July 27th, 2055
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Konara, Maharlika.

Its been atleast a few years, at most. The United Nations had officially granted the former Thai island independence, and it was heard all over the world. People and leaders had congratulated her online or in letters, but yet, Maharlika still felt..

A little empty inside.

Something she felt; was missing.

She lay down on the beach sand gazing up at the stars, after the celebration and independence party that took place in her capital city, Konara, everyone had retreated to take some rest.

Everyone had but Maharlika. She was restless and felt as if she wasnt completed yet.

"Ah, yes. Perhaps its because I still havent gone through the process of being a country."

She said to herself. She wasnt 100% sure it was that, but she told herself it was. If she'd make it through with her own decisions maybe she'll take it easy on herself.

She gazed up at the crescent moon which luminated the dark, night sky. She felt happy for once, sinking in the moment and the scenery for this may be the last moment she'll ever feel peaceful.

"I chose this path," She sighed.

"Now I have to endure it." She felt a bit..

How do you describe it? She felt as if there was no words for how she felt about this. But it felt like sadness, worry for the future. She thought that the sadness she was experiencing cant compare to happiness and exciting memories she'll make in the future.

Her phone rang, and she jumped in her spot forgetting that her phone was right beside her in the sand. She picked up the device and looked at the contact. "Who is this..?" She blinked.

She answered it, not knowing who it was, but she thought it was important.

"Who is this?" She spoke into the phone, her eyes feeling heavy.

"Maharlika, just put me as a contact. This is Asean, sorry for disturbing you at this late hour." The association had told her, and Maharlika gasped. "Oh! Sorry." She exclaimed. "I will, dont worry."

"Good, good. Anyway. Since you're a new country in Southeast Asia, I invite you to a meeting the day after tomorrow in Nusantara, Indonesia." Asean informed her, sounding a bit happy. "Most members will be there. Nusantara is about an 8 hour flight."

Maharlika's eyes widened in shock. "Huh?!" She exclaimed, "This early?" She said in surprise, but she was also excited.

"Theyre excited. Its also nice finally gaining a new country in SEA after five decades." She could hear Asean's laugh, and Maharlika nodded tirelessly, even if he couldnt see. "Alright. Ill be there." She yawned.