𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: The Garden

✦ ㅤ ㅤ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ㅤㅤ ✦

Eleutheria.

"Do they replant these?" Maharlika had asked curiously, as she walked along the stone path, staring at the beautiful national flowers of the world.

Belgium was walking alongside her, and he nodded. "Yeah. Overtime, they dont keep their beauty so the caretakers usually replant them. Some flowers can last long though." He said, patting his shoulder feeling very confident.

Maharlika giggled, and admired the sight of the garden.

"Oh! It's a rose!" She pointed at the beautiful red rose beside her. Belgium scoffed.

"It's just a rose.. the red poppy is way much cooler." He crossed his arms, refusing to look at the flower.

Maharlika crouched down looking at Belgoum with a bewildered look, but turned to the flower in awe.

"All flowers are beautiful. Doesnt matter how basic they are." Maharlika replied, with a smirk.

Luxembourg came from behind and laughed at Belgium, he snorted, "I agree with Maharlika. How dare you say that." He sarcastically pouted as he laughed on the inside seeing the Belgian's pissed face.

Maharlika rolled her eyes at the two. "Hey, Lux, whats your national flower?"

"The rose.." He smiled at the island, who looked back at the rose she was looking at.

"Thats cool! I have yet to pick a national flower for my country, but a lot of the locals have already suggested something that represents us." She laughed, standing up, dusting her hands.

Luxembourg smiled. "What is it?" He asked curiously, wanting to know what her national flower was going to be.

Maharlika snickered. "Secret!" She exclaimed.

Luxembourg gave a heavy sigh.

Maharlika then went on to walk around, looking at the beautiful flowers around.

She spotted a lake with a few lotuses on the water surface, a beautiful patch of roses and poppies, sunflowers that looked up to the beautiful sky, and much more.

She walked down the path, blocking out the little argument Luxembourg and Belgium were having and just enjoying herself.

Maharlika saw a stone shrine in the distance which was lit with candles, surprisingly. It had a bunch of bouqet's on the side and a specific type of flower infront of the stone.

Maharlika stopped, admiring the beauty of the shrine.

Luxembourg and Belgium bumped into, stopping their argument and turning to Maharlika, about to say something until they say what was infront of them.

“Wait what? Ive never seen this. Ive never been to this part of the garden before.” Luxembourg said with a smile on his face, staring at the stone infront of them.

“Looks like someones been here recently.” Maharlika pointed out, indicating towards the lit candles on the side of the stone.

Belgium snickered. “Ah no.. its uh, permanent fire. It never lights out.” Belgium informed the two.

Maharlika looked quite fascinated. “Wow. What's it for?” She asked with curiousity.

Belgium looked at the shrine and crossed his arms. Luxembourg looked at him expectantly.

“Oh, it might be a dedication for the Philippines. There's words engraved on it, hold on.” Belgium walked closer, crouching down when he was infront of the stone.

Luxembourg and Maharlika looked at eachother and shrugged. “Right. It is.” Belgium confirmed.

“And here is a lovely Arabian jasmine,” Belgium pointed at the flower infront of the stone.

“Woah, it actually looks better than our national flowers.” Luxembourg commented, bewildered by its beauty.

Maharlika laughed. “Ive seen those before! Its right beside my old house.” She bent down with belgium and looked at it.

She touched the flower, and all the sudden everything when dark.

She blinked, standing up. Everything was in a monotone colour, and both the european countries had vanished from sight.

“Bel? Lux?” She exclaimed, looking around with a fearful tone.

“You've returned.”

Maharlika whipped her head around, seeing someone, a familiar country, appear out of nowhere.

“What- What is Indonesia doing here?” Maharlika said to herself, sounding quite surprised.

“Indonesia, hello?” She waved her hand, with a smile. Indonesia didnt flinch, didnt bat an eye. He didnt respond.

Maharlika thought it was kind of weird, how a place can change like this. How people can vanish and appear out of nowhere, but she concluded that she was spectating a memory.

“Hi! Sorry, did I take too long?” A country asked, looking as if he had returned from someplace else. He also held the hand of another country affectionately.

Maharlika's eyes widened.

'The Philippines and the United States?' She thought to herself, thinking it was odd for someone like him, the Philippines, to be that comfortable with holding hands with a terrifying country.

“Kind of.. Hi, Ame.” Indonesia smiled to the United States who nodded his head. He looked a bit irritated with his prescense.

“Good afternoon, Indonesia.” America greeted.

“Oh- sorry. Anyway! While I was going to the bathroom I ran into Ame! Can he join us, Indo?”

The filipino asked, with pleading eyes. Indonesia looked at the US with a bit of an angered look, but looked to the Philippines and sighed. “Sure! If you want, you're the boss.” He laughed.

Philip grinned and gripped onto America's arm.

Maharlika stared at the three. She knew something went on with The Philippines and America, and something went on between America and Indonesia. It was a bit odd.

“Ill need to confide in Thailand for this information..” She sighed to herself, continuing watching the scene.

“Ah, hey, its the sampaguita, your favourites.” America pointed out to the flower behind Indonesia, Philip looked to him and grinned widely. “Oh right!” He said excitedly.

Indonesia gave America a death stare, thankfully no one noticed. “Ah.. remember when we planted this in my garden together?” Philip smiled softly.

America chuckled. “Right, right. That was fun.. it got so messy though,” The pair laughed together.

Indonesia looked a bit uneasy whilst he looked at the two countries.

“Oh.. look at the time!” Indonesia looked at his watch, interrupting the laughing session. “Both me and Malaysia are going to the movies, I have to buy him a gift.” He said aloud, faking a smile.

“Oh! Alright! Me and Ame will just hang around. Tell Mal I said congratulations...” The Philippines asked. Indonesia nodded and walked off, not even saying goodbye.

Indonesia felt the filo's eyes lingering on him while he walked away, but didnt look back. Philip felt a bit saddened that he had to leave, especially while he hung out with Malaysia.

He sighed, and turned to America, while a grin on his face. “I love you, mahal.” He said to the american.

“Maharlika! Earth to Maharlika!”

She felt her ear ringing loudly, clutching her chest as it became louder and louder.

It all faded to black.