after.

deadly games-bonus chapter-

deadly games
-bonus chapter-

  LIGHT HAS NEVER BEEN AS BLINDING as when you felt all of your bones as if they were going to explode. Your eyes were still closed, it felt so hard to open them, even though you heard muffled voices from beside you or the other side of the room. You recognized the smell of hospital, the smell you've never certainly found a liking in and you grew aware that you were most probably on a hospital bed.
  Once you heard a door closing, the atmosphere around you was slowly calming down. But you kept your eyes closed, not being ready to face whatever could be happening around you. You stopped recalling what was the last thing you remembered, because everything came in as a blur. As something very distant even though it could've happened recently. Just when you thought you were alone again, with no one beside you, a voice decided it was time to speak to you.

  "Hey, Y/N." the familiar voice of your older brother, that you didn't fail to recognize, said. "I'm sorry it took me so long to get here... Um, shit, I have no idea what to say... I know we never had the tightest sibling bond, but I want you to know that I do love you. And I missed you so much while I was in the US. And when I heard the news, I think my heart stopped for a second, I was so afraid I could lose you and not remember what was the last thing I told you." at the end his voice began to crack, as if he was silently letting tears go.

  His words came as a source of comfort to you, like a push to face again the world. It wasn't necessarily something you would prefer, but for the first time your brother sounded as if he needed you. And it made you feel wanted. A feeling that you began to slowly forget since it was put aside by everyone else.
The effort of opening your eyes to the light was probably the hardest one you ever had to make. Your will to live, somehow, felt bigger than it did before. Maybe because you almost faced death. Everyone can say they want to die until it could actually happen.

Your eyes slowly opened by starting little by little. Once they were halfly opened, you recognized Haru's blurry face. And once your eyes fully opened and your vision adjusted to its normal, you noticed the sad expression sitting on his face. He didn't even notice you woke up, as his head was down, facing the floor with his wet cheeks.

"Stop crying..." you managed to say, his head turning back fastly to look at you quite in shock. For a split second he even thought about hallucinating.

"Oh my God... Are you okay? I'll go get a doctor!" he suddenly stood up, but your hand went up to touch his arm in order to stop him.

"I'm fine. Just... tell me what happened first."

  Haru hesitated. As you watched him doing so, you knew you wouldn't like what he was about to say. Not even he knew how you'd be taking it. Everything was a complete mess.

  "Are you sure?" he asked and you nodded, him doing the same after. "There was a meteorite explosion. A lot of people were injured and died... You were in a coma for two days after your heart stopped for a minute. It's a miracle you even woke up..." Haru said and it caused you a state of confusion. It felt way longer than that. "Your three friends, the ones you are always with... only one of them made it."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑳𝒀 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑺 | 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑦𝑎 𝑥 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟. 🎉