Chapter Twelve - A Perfect Dream

Sebastian's POV

"You're sure I look okay?"

"Merlin, you look fine! I'm sure Lex will be rather impressed with your attempt to dress up for her." Anne tenses, grinning at me. I'm glad she approves of Lex.

"Sebastian! Help me set the table before they get here."

"Coming, Uncle!" Running a comb through my slicked back hair one last time, I walk away from the mirror and head to the living room. The normally tiny table has been extended with a leaf and is crowded with seven chairs. "Who's the seventh guest?"

"Surprisingly enough, Old Man Rupert was happy to accept my invitation."

"Why the hell would you invite him?" Anne pops out taking a seat at the table.

Uncle Solomon starts chuckling to himself, "I thought watching Gaunt get upset by his attempts to set Y/N up would be funny."

I look over to Anne who is just as baffled as I am. Uncle Soloman really is a Sallow! Anne and I both burst out in laughter. "Oh, that is absolutely hilarious! Ominis is gonna be so mad!" I start wiping tears from my eyes at the idea of his reaction.

"From what Lex has written me, I think he deserves it! He should have asked Y/N out by now!"

"Couldn't agree more, Sis! Wonderful job, Uncle!" I'm glad we are connecting more. We still have fights, but it's very different. More often we are having moments like this, moments that show we are a family.

I finish setting the table and Anne hops up to grab her presents from her bed, moving them to the small tree we set up in the corner.

Suddenly someone busts through the door, causing me to reach for my wand out of instinct. I look to see the striking blue eyed brunette smiling brightly as she announces, "Your favorite person has returned! And I brought presents!"

"Very funny." I walk up wrapping her in a gentle hug. Ohh she smells amazing. Is that a new perfume?

"Well don't you look rather dashing." She takes her hand rubbing the top of my head, messing up the slicked backed look I spent way too long on.

"Hey! It's not easy taming this!" I quickly run my hands over the hairs trying to flatten the damage she has caused.

Walking past me she stops to my side leaning in to whisper, "I prefer you wild." and plants a soft kiss on my cheek before walking towards Anne. Shit. I am so fucking in love with this girl.

Collecting myself, I look out the door to see Y/N and Ominis carrying the presents in. I run out to assist while Anne and Lex hug and catch up.

"Ohhhh someone got all dressed up!" Y/N grins at me.

"Well I needed to impress Ominis, of course." I joke as I take some of the presents from her.

"Hey!" She sticks her tongue out at me. "Back off my boyfriend!"

"Ayyye! He finally asked?!" About damn it!

"Yup!" She is absolutely glowing as she looks over to my best friend.

I'm happy for them. I truly am, but a small part of me is jealous. I want to be with Lex like that. I want to call her mine and take her on dates, proper dates. But I can't right now.

Anne is too important. I need to have 100% of my focus be on finding her cure. If I let myself escalate my relationship with Lex now then I know it will start to consume me bit by bit. There will be time for us later. Right now, it's about Anne. Lex understands that.