chapter 16

Regulus finally got up and headed to the great hall for breakfast. He caught his brother looking and staring at him from time to time. Regulus was trying best to eat and keep his food down. Not wanting Sirius or anyone else to worry. He didn't want to be a burden.

Then he left for his first class. Pocions and to both of the boys dismay, the brothers were paired together. They were supposed to make the draught of living death.

They needed:

-Standard pocioning water
-Powered root of Asphodel
-Infusion of wormwood
-Valerian root
-Sophoupurus bean
-Sloth brain
-Moondew
-Flowerhead

The two kept bickering and ignoring each other. Regulus did most of the work, leaving his brother to make stupid jokes to the other students.

When Regulus was stirring the pocion he rolled up his sleaves a bit. Not wanting to get his uniform dirty. That's when there was an arm griping Regulus' wrist tightly. 'First James and now.. Sirius?' the boy thought.

Sirius was staring at his brother wide eyed and in pitty. The younger Black was staring at the pocion, stirring it a bit, or as much as Sirius' grip let him. "Look at me." Reggie stopped stirring the pocion but not lifting his gaze up.

"Reggie."

"It's Regulus."

Was the last thing he said to his brother before the bell rang and the boy left his brother in the classroom.

Sirius then caught up to Regulus and dragged him to the nearest classroom. Regulus was still not daring to look at his brother. "Regulus." "Mhm?" "Why?" His brother's voice broke, tears were visible in his eyes. "I-" "Because of me?" Regulus suddenly found his shoes weirdly interesting and was looking at them as if they were made out of gold. "I'll be late." The younger one mumbled before leaving for his other class.