chapter 20

As Regulus stepped out of the Hogwarts express he felt a tint of jealousy for Sirius. He got to go with Prongs. Sirius ran away from home long ago, about one week into the summer break, leaving a lonely Reg behind.

James and Padfoot were leaving the platform with his lovers parents. James was walking near him and brushed the tips of his fingers with Regulus' knuckles.

The Slytherin wanted to cry. Nobody had given him this kind of affection before. Maybe his brother was right and he really was desperate, but the love they had felt so right. Reggie wanted the love that he never got, and that love was given to him through James and his precious heart.

"Well?" The sharp voice of his mother was heard in front of the boy. "Quickly, I don't have all day for a brat like you." The woman said with a straight face.

The minute Regulus got home he jumped on his bed, hating the idea of being back in this cursed 'home'. That's when he got an idea. Reg took a parchment and started writing.

Dear James.

'No.' The boy thought, he scribbled the words.

'love?' he thought. He gave in.

Love.
It's me, how are you? I'm having an absolutely shitt-

Regulus then once again scribbled though the word he was in the middle of writing.

Love.
It's me, how are you? I'm having an absolutely ok time here. What are you doing? I miss you.
Write me back please.
Your Reg.

When he re-read the piece of parchment that was filled with cursive words Regulus gave the letter with black inc to the 'family owl'. (As if they needed it anyways) And watched it fly out of his bedroom window.

"Master Regulus?"

"Yes Kreecher?" The boy said, not looking at the house elf, his only friend at home.

"Misstres says you should come down for dinner."

"Alright, thank you Kreecher."

Reggie replied, still looking at the owl that was flying away.