Battle of the wishing star

Goldielocks and the bears traipsed through the forest, exhausted and worn.

"That's the third time we've passed the same rock, Baby," Goldilocks said.

"Oh, not again"

"What do you want me to do? I've lost the scent," Baby complained with a cry.

"You only have one job; the one thing that makes you mildly useful is your nose, and apparently you can't even use that!" Goldilocks cried.

"I'm starting to think your 'just right' isn't what you promised us"

"Leave off, Baby"

"So, what is it, Goldi? What's the wish?" Baby asked. "What's so blasted important that you've got us stranded in this haunted forest?"

The siblings were at each other's throats. Goldilocks couldn't take it anymore. She snapped.

"I'm getting a family, that's what! A proper family. Then everything will be just right!"

Goldilocks's words hung in the air. They stung. Baby, who argued with his sister frequently, felt shocked and hurt. Papa was flabbergasted. But Mama seemed to almost suspect it. Her face was unwavering.

"Just right is . .. getting rid of us?" Baby asked.

He knew the answer, but he needed it confirmed.

"Well, I guess some people just stick around until the porridge is gone, eh, Goldi?"

"Come on. You didn't think I would actually stay I'm not a bear," Goldilocks reminded them.

As the family processed the gravity of Goldi's statement, a rumble crashed in the distance, followed by a bright light skyrocketing way above the tree line.

The family looked in its direction, in awe of what must be the wishing star.

"I was always afraid it was too good to last," Mama Bear said sadly.

"And whether you think we're your family or not, if this is something that will make you happy .. we'll get you that wish." She motioned solemnly to Papa and Baby.

"Come on, boys."

"Oh, what a good boy am I" but they weren't the only ones to see it, jack Horner with his last henchmen and the bad guys looked up.

Wolf glared, "he's making the wish, we got to go, we're running out of time" wolf was going to get that star even if it was going to kill him, he'll risk it for princess.

With the star fully illuminated, and the motivation of the two wolf beside him, Puss began to read the incantation.

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight .."

But Puss didn't finish the incantation. He heard a voice -Kitty's voice.

"I can't believe I fell for it again," she said, less conversationally and more to herself.

She was at the edge of the star, standing with Dog.

This was it. Puss felt terrible. "Kitty! You don't understand." She couldn't.

"Don't understand what? That you've been playing me this whole time? And what about the bad guys daughter" Kitty asked.

"I need this wish"

"You want to know what MY wish was? One person, just one person, I could trust. In my whole life, I've never had anyone. Finally, here, I thought I found that person. Without a wish. I thought it was YOU."

Puss listened to Kitty's confession, feeling quite shocked to hear how she felt.

"But you're still running. Same old Puss in Boots," she said.