Battle of New York City

A General crossed his arms, looking at the map of New York. "What's the situation in New York?"

An aide looked up at him with tired eyes, "The Russians have jamming rigs that have neutralized our air support. Ground forces have already destroyed a few, however one still remains deep in enemy territory. As long as they maintain their dominance in the air, it's a losing fight."

"Damnit, we cannot lose New York. We already redeployed Rangers from DC and the Second Marine Division." The General rubbed his chin, "Are there any Special Missions Units in the area we can request?"

The aide nodded, "J-SOC's got a Delta team down at Bennett Airfield. Call sign's Metal."

"Get them on." The aide nodded and a few moments later, he turned to the General.

"Metal Zero One is up on green SAT." The aide exhaled as the leader of the team spoke up.

"This is Sandman - understand we are OPCON to you, over."

Overlord nodded, finally things were about to get completed. "Glad to have you in our corner, Sandman." He turned to a board, making sure the briefing was also visualized for the team as well. "The Russians are using electronic countermeasures to jam our comms and guidance systems. The primary emission tower is on top of the Stock Exchange. I need your team to destroy it. The jammer's full spectrum, so until it's down, you'll have no radio contact. I have ground assets to get you close, over."

He expected some hesitation or complaints, however Sandman responded. "Copy all, we'll get it done."

Overlord paused for a second, "We also have another team member we'd like to throw on your team. He was highly praised by General Shepherd."

"Copy... can he hold his weight?"

"Affirmative. Callsign Arrow, he'll meet you in the field."

"Understood. Metal out." Sandman ended the conference call and exhaled. He turned to his team, "Seems we have a newbie joining us."

"Newbie?" One of the soldiers, Grinch, echoed.

Truck, another soldier leaned back and smacked Frost's shoulder. "Looks like you ain't the new chick anymore!"

Frost shook her head, "You guys are idiots."

Sandman just shook his head and chuckled. "Alright. He'll be meeting us soon." He turned to his left and blinked as a man leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, definitely soon." Arrow quipped. "Name's Arrow." He stood dressed in his black uniform, with a few spades; he still wore the colors of Shadow Company.

Everyone blinked, this man wasn't a recruit. Everyone knew of Shepherd's unit and Frost cleared her throat. "You might want to change out of that or at least ditch the patches. Russians know your unit all too well."

Arrow nodded. "Thanks, I'll keep it in mind."

Grinch swung his head around, keeping his arms crossed. "So... what brings you here?"

"Fighting the good fight, Russians are still on our soil. And with Shepherd dead, there's heat somewhere else on me." Arrow shrugged. "What about y'all?"

Sandman cleared his throat, "Russian jammer. We need to silence it."

Arrow nodded. "I'm good to fight, boss."

"Then let's saddle up. You're riding with Frost and I. Grinch and Truck, second vehicle."

"Rog."

"Rah. Don't get too close to Frost now, she bites." Truck winked at Arrow as Frost shook her head.