The Start of the Storm

Katana shifted the blankets off of her as she groaned. She opened her eyes, eyeing the room as the sun began to peak in the window, casting its small rays of blinding light into the crevices of the room. She closed her eyes debating on going to sleep longer however she relented and opened her eyes again, pushing herself up out of the warm bed. She tilted her head slightly left, looking at the uniform she had in a pile next to her gear. She stood up looking at the uniform as she reflected on everything that she had done in the last month. She lost her stone and it sadly had fallen into the ocean.

She shook her head, wondering if she could recover everything, however she knew it would be difficult. "Pull yourself together, Katana." She growled to herself as she reached for her uniform, however she paused. A good workout would be the way to relieve some of her stress and tension. She reached for a tank top on the nightstand and quickly threw the shirt on, sliding into her running shoes as she exited her room, closing the door behind her. She turned, spotting Roach and Soap sitting and discussing an upcoming operation.

"I say we use our Shadows." Roach pointed to the map which was a compound not too far away.

Soap shook his head, "We don't want to do that. Too much dependency on the group."

Roach leaned his head back, blinking as he stared at the ceiling. "Cap, for fuck sakes. We don't have anyone else left."

"Angel, Snow, Ivy, Katana, Yuri, you, I, and the old man."

"Correction: Katana, Yuri, and the old man. Ivy still hasn't finished her checks with Angel and Snow, you and I are both down for another week or two, and that's not even FULLY recovered. That's us being operational!"

Soap grimaced as his gaze tilted down. "Still, we can't overdo it with the Shadows."

Katana narrowed her eyes as she moved through the room without greeting anyone. Shadow Company, she hated that company for everything it was worth. It took her lover and turned him into something so foreign to her. She exited the cabin as a soldier stood in the clearing. Katana's breath was caught in her chest as the soldier turned to her, wearing the black uniform, tan vest, and gray helmet. It was a Shadow and she felt her hand twitch until she realized it was Arrow.

She ripped her gaze away from Arrow and stared at the ground as she passed by as she listened to a conversation close to the direction she was walking in.

"Is there anything we can do?"

"Look, I handle physical wounds. I appreciate your concern over him, but this just... isn't my field of work." It was Ivy's voice. Approaching closer, Katana spotted Ivy speaking to the soldier who wore an American uniform, spotting the Delta patch on their shoulder. She shifted her eyes from the shoulder and blinked. Blonde bun. This was a female operator and it wasn't Angel or Snow.

"Thanks doc... is there... anything?" She pleaded with Ivy who shook her head.

"Nothing. Just try to support him as best as he can. Understand he's been through a lot." Ivy glanced up, spotting Katana, "Oh hey Kat."

Frost blinked as she realized Katana was behind her. She nodded to Ivy, "Thank you."

Katana waved at Ivy, before turning her attention back to Frost as she slowly began to recognize the voice. "Wait... I know you."

Frost turned around, facing Katana as Katana's eyes widened, "De!"

Frost frowned immediately. "Claudia."

"You should've stopped by and told me you were here!" Katana's face lifted with joy as Frost's filled with disgust.

"I didn't think of it." Frost quickly came up with an excuse as she attempted to bury the sudden emotions on her face. She was in a loss as her mind was telling her one thing but was going around telling her another.

"We have so much to catch up on!" Katana moved closer to her friend, going in for a hug until a call broadcasted on her radio.

"This is Shadow Two to all stations, we are in close contact with enemy personnel! Egressing immediately!"

Frost's heart dropped. Arrow. She ran past Katana who closely turned and ran after her as the two turned into the clearing, seeing footprints in the dirt as Arrow had dashed to go rescue his team. Frost looked around as all the other operatives began to gather in the clearing, "Well, let's go help him!"

Price rushed forward with Yuri close behind him. Snow and Angel, despite Ivy not completing their physicals, also ran forward with their weapons in hand. Ivy gathered her bag and reached for her kits. Shouts were heard throughout the encampment as every abled body began running off in the direction Arrow had gone.