EXTRA - UNUSED ENDING 1

Uploading this so there is something new while I work on finishing up moving houses and getting into my new workplace! This is the first ending I had originally wrote for this tale. I don't think I'm going to use it as the story took a little bit more of a different turn for me, so enjoy!

"Goodbye Captain Price." Makarov cocked the Desert Eagle back and aimed directly at Price's forehead before a bullet slammed into his left shoulder, causing him to recoil. Makarov recovered and aimed towards the assailants; Yuri and Arrow. Makarov squeezed the trigger as a round impacted Arrow in the stomach causing him to fall to the floor as Makarov switched targets with Yuri still firing. He squeezed the trigger again as three shots rapidly left his weapon, two impacting both of Yuri's shoulders and the last hit home striking Yuri in the head as Yuri fell lifeless.

Makarov lowered his weapon briefly as Price grunted, turning into a yell as he heaved himself off the ground at Makarov, tackling him to the floor. Price cocked back his fists and slammed his punch into Makarov's head again, again, and again. He looked up, spotting a cord and reached to grab it as Makarov was dazed. Price immediately wrapped the cord twice around Makarov's neck and secured the impromptu noose. Price raised Makarov up slightly and slammed him down on the glass with all of his weight as the stressed glass finally broke with the two falling through.

Makarov screamed a war cry out as he attempted to reach for Price who was just out of grasp and finally jerked up as the cord couldn't move any further and began to choke to death as Price landed on the floor below him, another thud hit the floor as Arrow had also fallen through, grunting raggedly as he weakly propped himself up on his arms to crawl over to Price who pushed himself into a sitting position. Makarov's body began to dangle around as Price withdrew a cigar, attempting to light the tobacco product, however the light refused to ignite. He tried again, same result and he inhaled, trying again as the lighter finally produced a flame.

He lit the end of his cigar as Makarov's body went limp. He inhaled, taking a puff as Arrow pushed himself up and sat next to Price. He kept his left hand on the open wound that was still bleeding as Price turned his head towards Arrow. He quickly assessed the wound as Arrow ripped his balaclava off. "You okay son?" He spoke quietly as Price was seriously injured too. A puddle of blood from both soon began to grow decently larger.

Arrow leaned his head back, closing his eyes as he used his right hand to dig into his vest pouches, withdrawing a pack of cigarettes and his own lighter. He gritted his teeth as he huffed out, "Mission completed sir." Arrow removed his hand from his wound and lifted the lid on the carton and withdrew a cigarette. He placed the end in his mouth as he leaned down slightly to ignite his lighter which worked the first time. He lit the cigarette, taking a deep puff in. He exhaled as he leaned his head back, dropping the carton and the lighter. "Target is KIA."

"Damn straight." Price turned his gaze back to Makarov hanging as sirens were heard in the distance, slowly growing louder. Arrow grunted again, this time more in pain. Price looked back over to Arrow as his tan vest soon became drenched with red. "You're hit."

"I'll..." He huffed out. "Survive." It became clear Arrow was not going to survive much longer as Price turned, placing his knee down as he pivoted kneeling in front of Arrow.

"You're hit hard son." Price began to assess his injuries as he reached into his IFAK and pulled out his gauze. He stuffed as much as he could into the wound while he quickly eyed Arrow to search for any others.

"Captain..." Arrow reached out with his bloodied left hand, grabbing his arm.

Price shook his head, "No, don't speak. Save your energy." He watched in horror as the gauze soaked into blood. Arrow shook his arm as he turned his attention to Price, the cigarette almost burnt to the butt.