A Soldier's Pledge

After their debriefing, Sandman cast a concerned look at Frost, detecting a resolve that carried a hint of apprehension. "Are you sure you want to contact them?" he inquired.

Frost responded with a determined nod. "I need to." Sandman sighed, acknowledging her determination. He retrieved his satellite phone, dialing Price.

"Here," Price's voice resonated through the phone.

Sandman gestured to Frost. "I have a soldier who wants to speak to you."

"Put 'em on."

"Sir, it's Frost," she spoke nervously.

Price chuckled, shaking his head briefly. "What can I do for you, lass?"

Frost blurted out, "I need to know about Arrow," prompting Sandman to nod in silent confirmation.

"He's here right now, actually," Price informed as he motioned for Arrow to take the phone.

"Arrow."

"Oh my god, you're okay!" Frost whispered quietly. "I needed to talk to you."

Arrow, processing the information, speculated, "You are seeing someone else, aren't you."

Frost refuted, "What, no!"

Arrow continued, "You're pregnant?"

Frost exclaimed, "Jesus Christ, Austin, no!"

Arrow, perplexed, asked, "Then what?" as Price coughed, attempting to suppress his laughter.

Frost explained, "I just had a really tough mission. I almost got killed," recounting her harrowing experience.

"You held strong, and you did good. I'm proud of you, babe. After this war, I'll find you," Arrow reassured.

Sandman tapped his watch, prompting Frost to refocus on the phone. "Hey, I love you. Be careful."

She hung up and handed the phone back to Sandman. "I won't say anything, but we need you for your A-game."

"Understood, boss. I will be."

A few days later, Frost and Truck were working out onboard the ship's gym, waiting for the next mission. The Task Force had gone silent, and Frost was worried sick. However, Sandman stepped in the doorway to check on his team. Frost slowed down on her bike and glanced up to Sandman, asking, "Any updates?"

Sandman shook his head. "Comms have all gone dark but-" His phone immediately began to ring, and he answered within the second. "Sandman here." He paused as his eyebrows furrowed. "Yes Mr. Secretary, Arrow was operating with us. Understood."

The phone call ended as Sandman sighed. He turned to Frost, "The SECDEF wants to speak to Arrow." Frost and Truck immediately rose from their machines as shock became apparent.

"What for?"

Sandman shook his head. "Wouldn't tell me." He glanced over to Frost, "We are being tasked to find him." Frost blinked as Sandman's phone vibrated again. Sandman answered, it was from the ship's captain. An unknown helicopter was approaching the ship, however it had American markings.

Sandman and the team gathered on the flight deck as the helicopter landed, kitted out and weapons raised. The door slid open under the instructions of the deck crew, revealing Arrow and his team. Immediately, Frost lowered her weapon and dashed straight into him, wrapping her arms around him. Everyone else followed suit, lowering their weapons as Sandman joined them. "Arrow, we need to talk."

"I already have been alerted; otherwise, the old man wouldn't send me here." Arrow nodded to Sandman as Frost let go.

Sandman led their group into a conference room as he glanced at everyone except Arrow. "I need Arrow alone." Frost nervously stepped out of the room as Sandman stepped in front of a computer, pulling up a video feed with the Secretary of Defense. Arrow dialed a number discreetly. It was Price who picked up immediately but went silent. "You're online, Mr Secretary."

"Good, thank you, Sandman." The SECDEF turned his attention to Arrow. "Sergeant Rehnskiold, you survived. Good to see you still breathing."

"Pleasure, Mr Secretary." Arrow nodded.

The SECDEF crossed palms on the back of his head. "I'm making a decision that hopefully you will remedy. I am bringing back Shadow Company. All operational command will be handed to you. There are also remaining Shadows that will fall under you. This is an order, not a request."

Arrow chewed his lip. "I understand, sir."

"Very well, enjoy your day Arrow." The call dropped as Sandman blinked; Shadow Company was returning.

"Bloody Jesus," Soap muttered out.

"They're using our own against us," Roach shook his head.

Price leaned down, lowering his head for a moment. Yuri, Snow, and Angel each looked at each other, while Katana seethed with anger.

She just had a gut feeling he would go back. "We should've killed him."

Ivy immediately glared at Katana. "If it weren't for Arrow, we would be dead. You, Roach, Snow, Angel, and myself would. Be. Dead."

"We need to ensure he won't turn on u-" Soap almost finished his order; however, the line picked up again.

"Still here?"

"Loud and clear Arrow."

"Plans have changed; I received our first mission."

"Target?"

"Czech Republic. Infiltration."

Price raised his eyebrow, "Nothing on us?"

"No one knows if you're alive or dead. I am going to keep it that way."

Price leaned back, "Promise?"

"Promise on Frost, sir." Everyone except Katana understood immediately. Arrow was swearing on Frost's life he wouldn't betray them, someone whom he held dearly to him.

"Very well. Contact me if you need anything. Put Sandman on."

Arrow glanced to Sandman and handed him the phone. "Price, thanks for the tip on Kingfish. You should know Uncle Sam's got a Kill / Capture order on your head." Sandman glanced nervously at Arrow.

"Tell them to join the bloody queue. Makarov's bomb-maker, Volk, is in Paris. We need to act before he bolts, and I can't make the window. You're the only one I trust with this."

Sandman nodded. "I'm on it, where will you be?"

"The bastard used Fregata Industries as a front to distribute the WMDs; I'll be en route to their European HQ."

Sandman closed his eyes, exhaling, as he knew the area had just been recently captured. "Good luck."

A Shadow Company Tale SequelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara