Chapter 6

"I already hate being pregnant... and I'm supposed to do this for another 5 months?" Kiara complained as she rested on the couch with a hand on her stomach that was already starting to poke out "How did you do it?"

"I honestly didn't find my first pregnancy too difficult... my second pregnancy on the other hand was hell" Sarah sat next to her best friend "I used to eat saltine crackers when I felt like throwing up it helped make me less nauseous, and I took walks regularly."

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Kie said sitting up "I barely want to get up and do my job, I have like no energy."

"Speaking of, have you told your job you're... with child?"

"No, they would put me on desk duty immediately do you know how boring desk duty is? I would just be doing paperwork on the animals instead of helping."

"Maybe that's good for you? you've said you hardly have the energy anymore."

"You don't understand Sarah I just got this promotion not that long ago... what if I can't get back to this position? I don't want to lose my spot."

"Well they are going to find out eventually... your stomach is going to pop plus I'm sure they are suspicious when they see you constantly go to the bathroom to throw up."

"True..." Kie sighed and leaned back.

"And if they don't let you back into your position I will drive down there and give your boss a piece of my mind," she said huffing. Kiara laughed at her friend and leaned her head against the woman's shoulder.

-

"Okay man we need to brainstorm a new idea on how to get our fishing business on top, we are making 60$ dollars a week which is not going to do I got a kid now."

"We could go farther into the sea?" John B said before smoking his joint.

"Or you could get an actual job..." Pope suggested as he looked around the fridge. The man grabbed a pack of lunch meat and mayonnaise. He set the food on the counter and looked up at his friend.

"That's plan b," JJ said.

"Is everything expired in this place?" Pope complained as he opened the meat and saw mold on it. He threw it away and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, did you not hear the only
making 60$ a week dude?"

"Dude I've got an idea," John B said standing up. JJ looked at him "Well spit it out."

"That one boat your dad has the net goes deep... the pogue doesn't we should take that boat and go out," he said and JJ stood there thinking.

"You know I haven't talked to that ass hole in like a year... but I could definitely sneak into the house and steal the key, he would probably be too drunk to notice" JJ nodded his head and looked at this friend "I'll be back, get ready to go out," he said and put his red hat on before making his way outside and getting on his bike and riding off.

-

When JJ pulled up to his childhood home he got off the bike and just stood there staring at the yellow house. He didn't have good memories at this house and even the good ones were tainted by the bad ones.

He closed his eyes and shook his head before walking to the house and quietly opening the door.

When he entered he saw his dad drunk on the couch with a beer still in his hand. He walked passed Luke and over to the drawer where the keys to the phantom were. He grabbed them before making his way to the door.

"JJ?" he heard Luke call out. He stopped in place before looking at his father "Dad."

"Skipping school?" he said in a slurred voice. JJ just stared at him, the man thought he was still a teenager. Of course, he did he was probably too drunk to know what year it was.

"Yeah."

"I was just like you, always skipping" Luke smirked and took a sip of his beer. JJ just shook his head and walked out of the house. He was nothing like his dad. He would never be like him.

-

JJ was on his bike when he caught a glimpse of Kiara sitting at a table. She was at an ice cream parlor. He made his bike come to a stop by her "Kie?"

The woman looked at him "Hey."

"What are you doing out on the cut?" he asked. She raised the small thing of ice cream in her hand "I was raised on the cut the first 8 years of my life, my dad used to bring me here and I was craving some of this."

He nodded, and that made sense pregnant chicks did have cravings he read that in a pregnancy book, he stole from the local bookstore.

"What are you doing?" she looked at him curiously and ate some of her ice cream "You look in a hurry."

"Oh, I'm not I was about to go pick up my boat, hit the water, and do some fishin'," he said and Kie nodded "That sounds fun."

He sat there for a moment "Do you want to come?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, plus I kinda need a car to pull the boat out... but I'd love to have you out there with us" he chuckled "for bonding and all that stuff."

"Yeah, sure I'd love to."

"Well let's go little lady the water is calling."